125cc and under ride.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by seriousracer, May 29, 2008.

1. seriousracer

seriousracer be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer:
    i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
    been thinking about his for a while. i have enough pavement and back road stuff( i could throw in some trails) here in northern IN . and southern MI to do a couple hundred miles sprint /dirt road rally,. ending up by the lake.

basically the rules ARE NOTHING over 125 must be street legal and must have gears. automatic clutches are ok. ie no mopeds scooters or.....

classes are 50cc and under 90cc and under and 125cc and under.

looking for takers in how many would want to do this.
    get the trail 50s out.
  2. R.Markus

R.Markus Damage Addict

Oddometer:
    I'll be all over it when I get my SL70 back together. That won't be anytime soon, though.

Everything else I have under 125cc either doesn't run or is a scooter.

...and if you're ending up by the lake you must live pretty close. If you need any help with this, just let me know. I'd love to help put something like this together...even if I don't have a bike that qualifies.
  3. seriousracer

Oddometer:
    ok soo does any one think i should open this up to a better class selection?

where you at in mi city?

i am in south bend the lake would be just an idea for a finishing point and cook out at like warren dunes.

give the wives and kids someplace to go play while you are playing.

just ideas.
  4. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    I love small bikes!! I used to be a regular at the True Grits 50cc fun run and I have two going together right now--my backyard racer BBR framed "XR-50" which will soon be street legal with a Baja Designs kit and my 49cc Passport "no-ped" which may or may not qualify under your definition of a small bike. I'm using a 49cc automatic transmissioned Chinese version of the four-stroke Honda motor like comes in kiddy quads in the Passport. I have buddies who also have little ones coming together like SL and CT 70's, too.

Give us a date in the fall when the weather gets nice and that'll give us enough time to get our rides together. My BBR bike will be street legal by the end of June.

Small bikes rock!!
  5. R.Markus

R.Markus Damage Addict

Oddometer:
    I'm just off 20 between Michigan City and LaPorte.

I think the cc class is fine. I personally just don't have a bike put together yet. I also have a CB125s that's not running. It needs a new tank and carb work. Too many projects, not enough time or money...and now I'm in the market for a XR100 or two, but they won't be street legal either.
  6. seriousracer

Oddometer:
    hmmm

a tour de indiana would be cool.

and later in the fall would be cool.

could rent gingerman or putnam park for a day and have a finish at one of the tracks or an all out race. after the racer err rally.....

i figure i have 130 miles of dirt in southern michigan and about 90 miles of roads to combine a one way across state route.

indiana is a little bit harder .since most o the great riding is in southern in.
    any help with this here?

4 months to make a street legal bike in one of the classes is more then enough time.
  7. seriousracer

Oddometer:
    later in the year would be better to help people stay geared up.

i really think we could hurt people on this and not even wanting to try and hurt people.
  8. Uglyprimate

Uglyprimate UglyPirate

Oddometer:
    Maybe a scenic route for us "heavyweights" to tag along and join the festivities?
  9. seriousracer

Oddometer:
    hmm

why not the route would not be that bad for guys who going to ride big bikes.

i guess it should be an all around rally for everyone with the benfits going to the people who ride the the little bikes.

woudl the big guys be up for easy to moderate dirt two lanes?
  10. adways

adways On my way to *YOUR* town

Oddometer:
    Well, maybe I need to keep my KE100...........
  11. R.Markus

R.Markus Damage Addict

Oddometer:
    I saw one of those at the dealer (in the shop being worked on) a couple days ago. They are super cool.
  12. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    What kind of format is going to be used? AMA enduro rules?
  13. seriousracer

Oddometer:
    maybe scca road rally rules ??

the sprint race idea is my favorite idea ..just not the right idea for safety...

the ama rules would be probably the best .
    woods rat has pm me some very good points at first i wanted it to be a 100 mile all out dash first one to the other end wins.....

but lets face it even some 90cc bikes can break the speed limit.... maybe not such a good idea.

allow scooters would mean that it would have to be all paved roads . this was not my intentions. although honda rukuses(?) could handle it.
    and some of the yamaha scooter could to.

i think a cross country run would have to be a one day event going across the short way . Atleast for the first year.then maybe make it a multiple day event in years to come.

? ideas???
  14. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need a little bike. This sounds like a blast,wish it was a non licsened event I would bring my son's XR100. "Fat guy on a little bike":lol3
  15. seriousracer

Oddometer:
    yah i wish i could figure out a way to make it so we don't need street legal bikes.
  16. R.Markus

R.Markus Damage Addict

Oddometer:
    Nearly impossible around here to go ~100 miles and be able to do it legally on non street legal bikes.

If you have a 130 mile route that is a lot of dirt it is imperative that you send it to me. :lol3

Seriously, I'd like to see it and see if I can add some things to it to help make a complete and decent route for this ride. It will really give me something to do while riding on my days off this summer.
  17. seriousracer

Oddometer:
    get to the to jones mi. take m4 north and turn right at any time....

granted the dirt is not continuous it does require some transit on pavement.
    :deal