1290 SAR Spark Arrestor (2019)

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by atheistasleep, Oct 18, 2020.

1. atheistasleep

atheistasleep n00b

Oddometer:
    Kicking myself for not spending more time reading the forums before I bought my first big bike...and emptied my wallet at the OEM parts counter.

Splurged on the Akrapovic M-HAF006 slip-on from the KTM Powerparts catalog...now fuming that an "Adventure" bike seemingly has no straight forward way to be ridden legally in USFS land with only parts available from the dealer.

Found this aftermarket component, but no size details to make my own determination of whether it can be shoe-horned onto my bike:
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...tor-set-honda-africa-twin-2016?sku_id=1171865

Has anyone modded the Akra slip-on successfully w/ a USFS approved spark arrestor? Any knowledge of whether the Akra on the Africa Twin is close enough to the KTM model to use the arrestor listed above? I'm new to this world, but shocked that Akra doesn't have straight forward information on arrestors for all of their systems that might see off-road usage.

If I hadn't already installed it, I'd consider Wings or Yoshi...but alas, I'd like to avoid taking a hit on reselling it...even tho it only has a few miles on it if anyone is interested ;)
  2. zedtours

zedtours Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ????? Uk
  3. brianbrannon

brianbrannon They'll ride up with wear

Oddometer:
    The Wings arrestor isn't certified.
    Start by measuring the size of your muffler
  4. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The days of akrapocic being the best exhaust are long gone. Now they are OEM accessory manufacturer and are producing heavy restricted OEM accessories to comply with regulations that you can’t remove the baffles from readily

it’s like 5 lbs heavier than any of the other manufacturers using similar construction materials. Ie carbon fiber or Ti
    rick danger likes this.
  5. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    I always liked them, but I got the same feeling when looking into them recently. Probably still a quality piece, but heavy and too quiet for my application.
  6. Saltboxlad

Saltboxlad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most of the big names have gone the same, I nearly bought an Arrow for my last Triumph till I found out it was quieter than the stock can. It used to be that you could buy race or road cans but I think regs have fucked that up
  7. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the arrow can for our bikes is great. Easy to remove the baffle, ~8lbs lighter than stock, ~4-5 lbs lighter than akrapovic. They sell a spark arrestor for it too. It. Sounds awesome with the baffle or without.
  8. Saltboxlad

Saltboxlad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahh, ok, for Triumph you could only buy the made for Triumph Arrow, no removable baffle.