1290 Super Adventure S owners' thread

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by EUBikeDude, Nov 23, 2016.

1. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    yep, I buy lots from AliExpress. Most of the products are exactly the same as you find in Europe/US (Ebay, Amazon and also so called 'independent' companies) as the companies there also buy in bulk from sites like AliExpress and then mark it up 100s of %. Perfect examples of this are the 'cooling cover seats', these mirrors, tft screen protectors, billet aluminium plates, RAM style accessories etc. All good stuff and top quality often with free delivery around the world.
    comradecasey likes this.
  2. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Simply amazing skill level....:D

3. EUBikeDude

EUBikeDude All weather biker

Oddometer:
  4. RTwo

RTwo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can buy the fancy brackets separately if needed as they won't be available via China
    http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/quick-flip-mirror-mounts-mounts-only/
  5. Lowrance

Lowrance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. jnberr0

jnberr0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all..just a head's up that I actually did hear back from KTM re: my question of which bluetooth headphones/headsets work with My Ride. They said that, officially, a select assortment of Cardo, Sena and Schuberth headset systems have been verified to work with KTM My Ride. The wording of the statement clearly inferred that other bluetooth earbuds/headphones may or may not work with My Ride, but it doesn't sound KTM will be verifying their compatibility any time soon.

So, basically, the only devices KTM is really concerned with are helmet-based comm systems. Those of us wanting to use BT earbuds will just have to determine their My Ride compatibility via trial and error. I can confirm that BeatsX earbuds don't work with My Ride, at least currently (maybe a firmware update for either My Ride or the Beats may fix things in the future...). Would love to hear from other folks who can confirm other types of BT headphones/earbuds that do work with My Ride.
    hypersports and SASteve like this.
  7. RTwo

RTwo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You mean wait to buy something?
    sorry, I don't recognise the concept :-)
  8. EUBikeDude

EUBikeDude All weather biker

Oddometer:
    Darn millenials! ;)
  9. RTwo

RTwo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh... I wish :1drink
    EUBikeDude likes this.
  10. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just read how a company in South Africa claims to be getting +30hp from a stock 1090 with a remap, similar gains on the 1290SD.....now hell, with my Rottie stage 3, a full system and PCV with Autotune I cannot see the motor making just under 30hp ( correction not+30) unless KTM build a really CRAP motor or they dyno'd in rain mode then mapped in street mode and made that their comparison.:hmmmmm

Did I miss the plot in these claims and these are well a well known "tuning" company.
    EUBikeDude likes this.
  11. Saltboxlad

Saltboxlad Long timer

Oddometer:

I know, I went hell for leather on my last bike, a Tiger Sport. PCV, Autotune, Decat, Scorpion Pipe. Then Dynoed. Got about 14 BHP above stock and 10 BHP of that was down to the Exhaust without baffle. The midrange pickup was the biggest improvement though, got rid of a big hole around 5k. These massive power claims are absolute nonsense IMHO.
  12. eduel

eduel n00b

Oddometer:
    Shure SE 535 work with My Ride. I just had to “Forget Device(SE535)” on my iPhone first.
  13. jnberr0

jnberr0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, eduel. And you can confirm you can control audio (track/volume adjust) from the handlebars?
  14. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be lucky to see 15hp gain on this motor and expect it almost all in the mid range and I am running the same cams and not flowing the heads...etc...so I did ask them how they did this and...……..no response.:lurk

EUBikeDude and rick danger like this.
  15. Saltboxlad

Saltboxlad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somebody I know had a Tiger remapped and was shown a 25 Bhp increase, but when I saw his dyno graph the before was about 10Bhp down on most stock bikes anyway. But that was nothing on the supposed 40% Torque hike hed got
  16. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of Supporter

Oddometer:
    A proper exhaust on that bad boy. :nod
  17. eduel

eduel n00b

Oddometer:
    Yes, the controls on the bike work[emoji2]
    jnberr0 likes this.
  18. SASteve

SASteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Figured out how to make these work... Exact opposite of getting my Sena units to work. Pair headphones to both bike AND phone... Turn on headphones and start playing music... Then turn on bike. Connect reliably now doing this and able to control audio thru hand controls
    jnberr0 and EUBikeDude like this.
  19. andeh83

andeh83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a jaunt over the border to Scotland this weekend with a friend on his 650 strom. I still absolutely love this bike, fully loaded and it still pulls like a train and handles twisties as if it were naked.

It was a public holiday in the UK and excellent weather so bikes were out in force, but I only spotted another 4 1290 SAS', whereas 1 in every 3 bikes seemed to be a GS. I'm sure KTM are still kicking themselves for turning down the long way round, but I do like the fact that they aren't as common as GS's (just not when you need to a dealer!)

IMG_4309.JPG
    IMG_4317.JPG
    IMG_4342.JPG
    IMG_4337.JPG
  20. kid a

kid a Been here awhile

Oddometer: