'13 Touratech/Hyperpro Springs

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by 70East, Aug 24, 2013.

1. 70East

70East Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I have it for my 10' GS and it really does make a difference. It's the cheapest solution out there. Would defenitly give it a try before spending big bucks on the shiver, öhlin's etc solutions.
  3. chris73

chris73 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I might try this before going with a complete upgrade. I am planning on pushing the weight limit of the bike. Me 240#, wife 130#, luggage 100#. I wonder if I should do the rear too, or just go straight to a wilbers or touratech. In the back.

I am a new rider and have not worked on bikes a lot, but I can muddle way through a lot of auto maintenance. Is it a difficult task to 're spring these things?
  4. DoWorkSon

DoWorkSon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The install of new springs is pretty easy, just takes a little time. If you have a second set of hands to help out, it's much easier(one person per side for removal/install and someone to hold fork while putting in oil)

You can probably get hte forks off in about 15-20 min. Remove old oil and replace with new in another 20-30 min, and then re-install.

Does anyone know if the '13 springs are same as the 09-12?
  5. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    They aren't. 08-12 are bigger (45mm) and +13 are 43mm. Before they were "italian crap" and now WP :eek:).