13th Annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally, August 19-21, 2016 - Deadwood, South Dakota

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ramjet, Jul 6, 2016.

1. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:

image.jpeg

This is a KTM sponsored event for the enjoyment of its motorcycles and its appreciation of their owners and riders. All makes/brands of bikes are welcome. But, you will be able to demo ride most KTM models at the Rally! (must be 25 years of age) There will be many non-affiliated vendors at the Rally for you to check out products for your bike and (free samples-usually-yay!) Registration is $165 through www.ktmorangeevents.com. You are responsible for making your own lodging although the Deadwood Lodge has reserved blocks of rooms for the participants. I am not the owner or organizer of this event. Please refer to their website mentioned above for legal, privacy and cancellation information. This announcement is to provide more of a National view rather than the Regional Forums of the event because riders all over the country attend and do not often review the regions not specific to them. So, where ever the hell you're from, this is the KTM Rally Thread big picture version.

Let us know where your riding in from, share some tracks, some stories, some awesome photo from one of the past rallies.................Let the fun begin!
  2. Andrewwco

Andrewwco n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding up from Colorado and this will be my first Rally so I'm really curious about several things. First, how do they classify the rides? I've ridden a 450exc at Moab on metal masher and hell's revenge. It was going great until I broke my leg on Slick Rock trail!! Now I have an 1190 R and want to do easier trails with a little challenge so am I a beginner or intermediate or just plain over thinking it!! Second, when do they post activities for each day? How do we sign up for riding classes etc?
    After the rally I plan to ride the Dakal ride.
    Any insight will be appreciated thanks. I've tried to call ktm but no one calls back......
  3. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    There is a thread in the OC ! You'll get more feed back there.
    There will be many rides for all abilities, ride up and have fun .
    Go to the link posted above and sign up !

Max
  4. Andrewwco

Andrewwco n00b

Oddometer:
    Yup, I've been signed up since it was announced! I just wanted to know a little more about what to expect. I'll watch the other thread too thanks:)
  5. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM Andrewwco! I may have forgot your second point- Event schedule remains posted at the hotels and event area. Ride clinics can be on site and participation and/or demo. No charge. Just show up man, the rest is gravy!
  6. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going but I'm taking my GSA.
    ramjet likes this.
  7. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad you mentioned that! I forgot to put that in the content of the first post. All bikes are welcome at this event. GSs, Hondas are common sightings. There were two Ducatis at the Colorado event. I rode my XR650R to my first one.

(Edited into first post)
  8. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hotel booked and event ticket purchased.

ruugger and i will be trucking to custer and leave the truck there.

ride and explore the black hills for 3 days before heading out to the event on our bikes. maybe i'll win the award for the oldest bike...14 year old LC4.

:lol3
    Ferd and ramjet like this.
  9. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have any idea when KTM will release an events/rides schedule?
  10. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure they ever have. However, I never looked for one until I got to the event. Send them an email or call them. Contact info listed on the flyer link above.
  11. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Time is gettin' close!

image.jpeg
  12. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    camping in custer from sunday to thursday. ride the black hills, then head out to the rally on friday.

hope to win the ktm tourist award again.

:lol3
  13. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a house in Spearfish. I'm heading up on the Tuesday before.
  14. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting.... not too far from me.... I only use half of the recommended CCs though ;)
  15. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've ridden through Ten Sleep many times on trips to Oregon, Idaho and Washington. Beautiful area. Hope to meet you at the rally.
  16. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    Very cool, maybe we crossed paths in 2012 in Bend? I was basically traction for a group of heavyweights on 990s... the usual suspects, Bigwan, Bartek, Radek, etc.....

Next time you're coming through Ten Sleep stop at the brewery and say hi.
  17. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was in Bend 2012 on a 690. Riding the same bike in from California this time. Still planning some routes through Wyoming.
    K_N_Fodder likes this.
  18. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    We must have been the two sub-liter class bikes there ;)
    ramjet likes this.
  19. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM informed me they are working on biker support from local and attending vendors for those coming to the Rally. So before you ship spare tires and engines to Deadwood you might want to hold off just a bit.

Also heard, Tyler, aka Mr. Save Your Ass KTM Tech will be there again. Great guy, Tyler -
    I don't know who that other idiot is...
    image.jpeg
    NSFW likes this.
  20. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No such luck, Joel! :wave

I'll be on my '92 R100RT, abt 2500 miles into a ~5Kmi loop, riding to Deadwood straight (well, 2 days) from CADVR in/at Damn-Near-Canada, WI. CADVR-ers were clamoring for me to ride the '84 V65 Magna, then I scored a '78 XS650 Special, but the RT's fairing and big panniers make it the right bike for the loop. :ricky

If anyone wants to intercept, my plan is to roll on 5 August, stop & visit bikey friends enroute (TX, IL & WI), arrive at CADVR on the 11th, leave there on the 16th to arrive in Deadwood on the 18th. After the Rally, I'm gonna meander South-ish via WY and CO to/thru The Panhandles, then angle home. There won't be any speed records set.

Say, does anyone know if there should be some sort of acknowledgement of Registration like the DVNR Honcho (Joel!! Joel!! Joel!! :bow:bow:bow) provided? I registered on Feb 1st and have nothing but a bank statement showing payment.