13th Annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally, August 19-21, 2016 - Deadwood, South Dakota

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ramjet, Jul 6, 2016.

1. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The only thing I've seen is the credit card bill. I kind of expected to see something from KTM or a list of events or something. But, no...
  2. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can email them and request confirmation of your registration. But I never have the last three events and they always had my name on the roster when I got there. Prudence, however, dictates bringing proof of payment.
  3. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, that's what I was expecting, too, but I was not concerned until I started lining up the gear/stuff I want to pack.

Naah, that's good enough for me. Thanks for quieting that little nagging voice in my head; it's a 2455mi ride to get there, minimum, and I'd be ticked off to have disappeared from "The System."

Two copies already in the Laptop case/sleeve and, now that I've laid hands on the statement and found the correct page online, I can call it up anywhere.
    ramjet likes this.
  4. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Motorized Trail Permits? What is this Disneyland? I thought we were going to "Bad"lands for some Jim Bowie adventure riding. :muutt
    NSFW likes this.
  6. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

here in socal, we have to buy an adventure pass which is a glorified word for parking pass. wtp? if you don't have one, it is not an adventure hehe.

since we plan riding deep in the blackhills, we will have to buy. buy buy buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    FWIW
    My confirmation email, back in May, says more detailed info will be sent one week before the
    event !
    So if you have a confirmation email your good and we should have more news next week.

Max
  8. MX Engineer

MX Engineer Alta Redshift MXR is the best dirt bike ever!

Oddometer:
    How do you add a girlfriend? I called, they said they would email me back something about registering her for less than full price, and they never did.

Spammers! Is KTM still in business?
  9. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    When did you call them? I never heard of them offering a discount price. The fee is per person $165. That covers the event activities, dinners, schwag, raffles, awards and hanging out with cool people like me.
  10. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey! I actually did receive a confirmation email which I discovered digging through the stuff. Format looks like this if you search:

Sent: Wednesday, 9 March 2016 4:19 AM
    To
    Subject: Transaction Receipt from KTM North America, Inc. for 165.00 (USD)

Your order is confirmed.

Might be easy to overlook if you were searching for KTM or Orangeevents as I was.
  11. MX Engineer

MX Engineer Alta Redshift MXR is the best dirt bike ever!

Oddometer:
    Called them back in winter. They had no straight answer, said they would email me.
  12. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear they left you hanging. I did not hear back from them on any support for service or a list of vendors either. I suggest giving them a call one more time.
  13. garfey

Oddometer:
    Awww, crap! I probably got one, too, but my Spam filters are set fairly "Strong" so it probably went straight to Junk/Spam and I deleted it without reading. Better call 'em, I guess.

Planning to roll out tomorrow morning, headed for CADVR. No, I'm nowhere near ready . . . . . as usual. And my "regular" mutt-watcher is no longer available. :baldy :becca :pep

Edit: Called, Registration Lady is out of the office until Monday, left voicemail to call or email.
  14. Motomochila

Motomochila Moto Scientist and time traveler

Oddometer:
    Leaving for KTM Rally on the 13th with truck and trailer. Stopping in Park City for a night. Going solo. Room on the trailer for two bikes or one extra "pig". Wait, this is a KTM Rally. GS not applicable....:) . PM if interested. Just load you bike and come along. I'm already paying for the drive.
    Jerry
  15. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^
    Good on you mate, that's what advrider is all about :clap

I'll be at the KOA the 18th. Truck, camper, enclosed moto trailer with tire changing equipment ,
    tubes etc. and enough tools to sort most problems and minor maintenance. Oil changes , chain
    tools and some parts.
    Just drop me a pm if in need or look for this bike, or a reasonable facsimile
    ( right side pipe )

[​IMG]

Max
  16. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Garfey-Don't sweat the proof. If you sent you registered and sent payment, they have it. I guarantee it (or my name isn't Hillary :photog)

I got a call back form Jammie at KTM but missed her call but good to know at least they are responding. Will post more when I hear.

Motomochila-Four of us are leaving on the 13th also on the bikes, offroad but passing through Utah also. Maybe we'll see you on the way.

Max-Good on 'ya for that generous offer. Big Thanks. Looking forward to seeing that transformation in person!
  17. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    Pretty. I didn't have time to get my graphics completed. Hydrographics guy in So-Cal was too backed up.
  18. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    That's the rendering Jon did, I've got one set of grafx from him (KIT690) but we decided
    to have a better/thicker set made up. Those and the skid plate are in the mail and hopefully
    they get here before I leave.

Max
  19. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    image.jpg
    You will be able to see this coming for sure.
  20. garfey

Oddometer:
    Yeah, not sweatin' it, have the bank statement and a copy.

:lol3:imaposer:lol3