13th Annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally, August 19-21, 2016 - Deadwood, South Dakota

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ramjet, Jul 6, 2016.

1. robmicgrn

robmicgrn What the F&^%!

Oddometer:
    I was on this ride Saturday as well! I live in the Black Hills, and that was one of the best rides yet! It was a blast trying to keep up with Cody! First KTM rally for me and I was impressed. Making plans for next year!
    Cuchulainn and WIsixfitty like this.
  2. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a good time, was a little bummed about the rain. Was a windy ride up there through Wyoming! The rain worked in my favor tho, I was able to have some great conversations with other riders and the vendors.

The routes weren't all that well described this year at all. In previous years they'd have a difficulty rating, percentage of dirt vs pavement and descriptions like singletrack, big bike friendly etc.

Saturday we ended up linking two of the loops, the Rushmore loop and the Shorty Loop. Rushmore was very scenic, but lots of tourists, got stuck behind a guy literally doing 10 mph. Easily had a line of 12-18 cars behind him and he refused to pull over in a pull out. We eventually got by but I felt badly for the cars as they weren't able to squirt through like we did.

I'm excited to have it back at Crested Butte and I've already signed up
    MX Engineer and Cuchulainn like this.
  3. Thefiddler

Thefiddler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a great time this year. I was the fella that Ronnie Renner was talking about during dinner Friday night. I roosted him pretty bad. Was heading up hill in some slop so I wasn't laying off the gas. He's a great dude to ride with though, real humble. This was my first event and will not be my last. What a great event. I enjoyed the free beer Saturday night a little too much though.
    Cuchulainn and jengel451 like this.
  4. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    ...big bikes up that mud rut sorta sucked....in a fun way.
    superdan00 likes this.
  5. MX Engineer

MX Engineer Alta Redshift MXR is the best dirt bike ever!

Oddometer:
    My thoughts also!

I used to be a Honda guy -- it was either color red or nothing for me. That was a long time ago though. Still, I was not a fan of orange. KTM first lured me in with a beautiful white/blue/yellow TC250 Husky. I just couldn't resist it. Then with the 1190 Adv R. I decided to let the orange crash bars slide because they were attached to such an awesome bike with truly groundbreaking technology and specs. But after this rally, I am finally an orange fan. KTM works really hard to win love and approval of their customers on many levels, even after selling their product. Just caught myself shopping for clothing today and paying extra attention to everything that is pure orange, or black/gray with orange accents!
    K_N_Fodder, Team Vegas and NSFW like this.
  6. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Y.Me Supporter

Oddometer:
    Received the conformation email today for the 14th annual in Crested Butte, 2017. I am already excited about next year :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MX Engineer likes this.
  7. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did they give the exact dates on that?
  8. racer49

racer49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How does one who did not attend this years rally receive that email from KTM or where can I go to find out about 2017 Rally?I attended Crested Butte 2015 and did not receive any emails or brochure info on the 2016 rally , guess I must have done something to piss off KTM.
  9. racer49

racer49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Found that it is on the KTM Orange Events website now. I must be on the green list for participants that is the ones they don't waste any resources on , trees(paper), electricity(email) etc.:lol3
  10. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you want to be privilege to advance KTM information, you must ride, live, breathe and eat KTM:

Right Joel?

image.jpeg
    Ferd, MX Engineer and NSFW like this.
  11. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    And so-

14th Annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally - Crested Butte, CO
    Friday, September 15, 2017 - Sunday, September 17, 2017
  12. Cuchulainn

Oddometer:
    Sept.

Oops hit enter by accident, but dates as above per Ramjet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    just want to give broken arrow horse campground a shout out for making us feel at home and it's great location.

i posted many pics on the thread (linky) so people can see that it is truly and adventure friendly campground.

couple of locals gave us the tour of their secret riding area
    [​IMG]
    flyrodder likes this.
  14. Cuchulainn

Oddometer:

Email events@ktmusa.com and ask them to make sure you are on the distribution list

15. racer49

racer49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think that these orange bikes have tracking devices in them. I sold my 990r this past march and KTM must know what I did. :-) Would a Husqvarna purchase make them happy ?
    Maybe by next years rally I will have something orange. Rumors sound encouraging but timing is not yet firm.
  16. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd love to see more pics and vids (especially that) of the rides -Cement Ridge, Mike's, etc. and the pro riders. Probably should post in Ride Reports and start a thread for this event because I think this one will get restricted now the event is over.
    NSFW likes this.
  17. NSFW

Oddometer:

ron.

start a rr in day trippin and will have my version there with lots of pics. i have over 300 of south dakota awesomeness.

18. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. NSFW

Oddometer: