I started this project a year ago but resisted posting the build because I figured it would drag out too long...my prediction was correct lol. So a fair warning it could be slow still. So after building a new 15 DL1000 (was a tossup between it or 650) with typical "add on everything but the kitchen sink" mantra and adding on at least 60lbs I realized it wasn't the way to go...neither with the 1000 or the gear. For me the extra power wasn't worth the extra weight but mostly wasn't the trade-off for much lighter, nimbler and smoother 650. So out the door it went and in came a used 14 DL650 with slight cosmetic damage for a very reasonable price. Perfect platform! Out with the new and porky! In with the old and skinny..er! The goal is to keep it as light as possible and prep it for RTW capability. Hopefully it well see SA within next year or so. I started by building a custom aluminum rear rack (getting rid of that plastic thing)! Hardly any more weight added but now I can load up the top box. Delkovic Exhaust was added primarily to save a good chunk of weight but more importantly to narrow down the right side which it did considerably! It sounds fantastic and is not loud at all...thank God because I want the bike as quite as possible! Now I had to do something about the boat anchor passenger pegs! SV650 was kind enough to donate it's :) Seat was done by Volker's out of Edmonton AB. He does great work! I've come to a realization that for me best scenario for luggage is a good lockable plastic top box and a set of Mosko Moto 80l soft paniers over the seat and that's it! I plan on a tool tube which is yet to be designed/made and basic small light side racks just to keep the bags sturdy and off the bodywork/exhaust. This is as far as I got last fall before cold, work and travel brought everything to a grinding holt. I got back last week and figured I better get at it quick before it starts all over again. Patiently waiting! TLR Race bike anyone? So, I got at it and installed this kick ass top of the line TFX Adventure shock from TFX in Holland. It's a beauty! Thanks Hans! While I was there I took apart all the linkage and swing arm, cleaned and regressed everything. I had Too Trick racing (thanks Al) in BC install a complete Cogent package (thanks Rick) in the front forks. Also Swapping out the steering stem bearings for tapered ones and having the T-clamps powder coated satin black along with my tail rack and passenger peg setup. The complete header system is being ceramic coated in satin black also. Cleaned up the rotors and installed SS braded lines. Now a bit of a wait for the stuff to come back from coaters...hopefully by mid week. Also waiting on; 520 sprockets and chain from sprocket specialists (15/49) Hyde bash plate Adaptor plates for sv1000 calipers Buell Ulysses foot pegs PCV Still to do; Install electrical stuff (heated grips, power outlets, auxiliary fuse box, extra led tail light etc.) Make tool tube Replace antifreeze and brake fluid Do the 24k valve check and check/sync the throttle bodies I'm sure there's few more things... Hope someone finds this somewhat interesting and/or informative lol I'll try my best to be prompt with updates as things happen. Cheers v..