Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Chillis, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Samspade

Samspade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This thread was a great place to drop in and read your adventures. I hate to see it go, but understand that there are people here who can't disagree on politics yet still be decent human beings, and why you don't want to expose yourself to them.
  2. NEPA 450x

NEPA 450x Still riding after all these years, Supporter

Oddometer:
    im ketchup on the readings, and was just going to say, weld up some fins or water cool the cyl with a jacket and radiator,,,,
    Chillis likes this.
  3. NEPA 450x

NEPA 450x Still riding after all these years, Supporter

Oddometer:
    boy do I got a deal for you,,,lol
    Chillis likes this.
  4. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Chillis I doubt you will see this comment but you me and @KICKNBACK still need to ride sometime. Best of luck with the business.
    MVI, Racerx43, sealsam and 4 others like this.
  5. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good luck out there Brian.

We'll cross paths soon I suspect.
    Chillis and Dirt Road Cowboy like this.
  6. tragerbon

tragerbon 2019 KLX 250

Oddometer:
    Looks like this thread has its own life, sometimes when you do the right things, people follow. Ride reports rock !
  7. silverbandit1

silverbandit1 Adventure Dreaming..

Oddometer:
    Well this is a real bummer as I always looked forward to his threads
  8. JohnSBA

JohnSBA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, I'm gone for 8 months or so, come back today to see Brian is outta here... 100% support his decision of course, I'm saddened that this thread is probably nearing its end, its the first thing I come to read on this forum. I hope a new Southern Nevada specific thread can start up. I'm barely more than a lurker over the last year, but that will hopefully change, I'm retiring as of this coming Friday, and will have a lot more time to ride. I did a 5 day 2600 mile ride in June with some friends (henderson->angels camp->lewiston->lakeview->missoula->challis->henderson), the last day I rode from Challis ID straight back to Henderson (700+ miles) and felt really good, which was a pleasant surprise as I hadn't done any riding in the prior 6 months. This was with my Ducati Multistrada. No dirt on that ride :-)

Speaking of dirt though, I'm going to sell my 2018 Yamaha R1 which is practically new and doesn't get any seat time, and get back in the dirt!! My theme of retirement is health and wellness, and offroad riding will be one of the many things I do to increase my outdoor time and my activity level. I want to go find a barely used CRF 450x, or similar (two in fact, one for me, one for my son so I have an instant riding buddy). Not seeing much out there for sale. If anyone has a lead on some good desert late model desert ready bikes, let me know. I'd rather not buy brand spanking new.

Obligatory pics from last ride:

IMG_5838.JPG
    IMG_5850.JPG IMG_5871.JPG IMG_5882.JPG IMG_5884.JPG IMG_5895.JPG IMG_5904.JPG

Attached Files:

9. goodquest

goodquest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on your retirement, what did you retire from? I really like riding around southern Nevada.
  10. JohnSBA

JohnSBA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you!! 34 years in software development, mostly working for big tech in Silicon Valley. What I've found most interesting about announcing my retirement is how everyone responds with "congrats....wow, you're only 57... what are you going to do now??", as if working/career is the only thing there is in life. This is unfortunately prevalent in the tech industry; I'm a testament to 10+ hours a day for 30+ years sitting at a screen/keyboard, most of those folks don't really have too many hobbies and interests outside of tech, and in retirement, many of them would just continue to code anyway so why retire? I'll admit the money is great and its hard to leave, but my health is just way more important and I figure I have about 12 more years left in me to do all the outdoor physical things I love, so I'm calling it quits now so I can maximize that time. Silicon Valley is also completely soulless, entirely too political in the workplace, and absolutely without meaning and purpose... its just money. Leaving now, I'm positive, will be the best decision I've ever made in my life.
    havabusa, Mofrid, y2blade and 12 others like this.
  11. MVI

MVI MVI Moto Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:

"i don't like small cars or real big women

but somehow i always find myself in em"

kid rock
  13. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    good luck chillis
    y2blade, Samspade, B10Dave and 2 others like this.
  14. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    Second that
    Chillis likes this.
  15. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Chillis, I'm very sad to hear this chain of events. I'm just back from yet another banning *yawn* and charged in to pick up the content I've been so missing. Indeed, I've been banned a large portion of the year.

I still hang out with both the local scooter people and the Edmonton Grom Gaggle. My health sees me exploring a Piaggio MP3 although I love my Roadster dearly. I don't care for the new Grom styling and we have no Monkey in Canada. I hope to keep in touch.
    Dirt Road Cowboy and Chillis like this.
  16. wobbly one

wobbly one Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Chillis - have sure enjoyed lurking in on your excellent adventures - you will be missed.
    Chillis likes this.
  17. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Brian; hope all is good business and family wise. Drop an update once in a while. Best of luck.....Dave
  18. RedDogAlberta

Oddometer:
    I know this thread is going nowhere fast but I had to note that, ta-da, the Monkey has arrived in Canada as a 2022 model. Odd that it’s a thousand dollars more than the newly restyled Grom. There are already 2022 Groms on the street and out with the local Edmonton Grom Gaggle.

Our annual Toy Run for Santa’s Anonymous is this weekend so a full battery of Groms loaded down with toys will be out. Overall there’s usually a couple thousand bikes of all kinds out for the Toy Run and it ends with BBQ and bands, etc. after a massive parade through the city.
  19. goodquest

goodquest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Make sure you upload some pictures
    Chillis and Dirt Road Cowboy like this.
  20. RedDogAlberta

Oddometer:
    A return to "Less is More". I've purchased a Vespa 300. The city belongs to me but it offers highway capability as well and being disabled and using a walker for any distance on foot, I can manage the weight just fine with confidence - just like the Grom. Such was not the case with the Roadster. I'm immensely relieved. I can just relax and enjoy riding again heading toward year 44 on two wheels with a motor.

I expect much pointing and laughing in traffic in my HD waterproof textile jacket aboard a white scooter. :D
    B10Dave, beRto., Chillis and 3 others like this.