16th-17th DS riding this weekend anyone in Northern Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Mw650, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    Just seeing if anyone is able to or not. If ya are [​IMG] if not then [​IMG] and see ya around some time. Could meet up at the McyDs at 306 & 422.
  2. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    Ok so if anyone wants to show up for this it's gong to be this Sunday the 17th. Figure on meeting at the McDonald's on 306 & 422between 9:30 & 10(am). As soon as one gets off at the 306 exit take a left and it's right after the light. Cannot miss my KLR, if you do your eyes were shut.
  3. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    So it's just going to be a bunch of KLRs this weekend? No Dr650s or R1200GS.
  4. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Hope you guys had a great time, post pics!:lol3
  5. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry mw, I had to pass. I just plain rested today. Hope you guys had fun!
  6. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    Pics, what are pics?:D :lol3 Oooooooooooooooo you mean those doohickys with colors and lines and such? (and to think of it I have not had any to drink yet).

Well they'll be coming soon once I finish uploading them. Too bad no one from here could make it. Even though it was some areas That I've been running lately it was fun. Got wet n muddy, played on big hills and sand and only had to pick the bike up 4 times (I think).
  7. buildit

Oddometer:
    :clap I'll make it up sometime. It would be nice to try riding sand instead of old man's cave crap (Bad smelling mud). :lol3 look forward to the pics too
  8. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    Well this past weekend it was just Jdcooper, Soapybuzz and I.

Meeting up at the McDonald's.
    [​IMG]

Headed to our first gravel/sand pit.

Cooper playing in the sand
    [​IMG]

Buzz heading along the path between the upper and lower areas to be able to go up the hills.
    [​IMG]

Made it up to the top.
    [​IMG]

This time I finally got enough nerve up to go up the big hills but couldn't figure a way to get a pic of myself.:deal

Next we headed to the RR tracks and some of the gas line.
    [​IMG]

Buzz making it across the small creek and up the other side. He was the only one to get up without dropping their bike (I think his Kendas helped).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final destination was the old gravel/sand pit with the large ponds.

Headed in the back way.
    [​IMG]

Where is Tom & Rob when you need them for support (or for another hand if we cannot get back up):D
    [​IMG]

Where did Buzz go?
    [​IMG]

This was a track that went up to a turn around area that I had run first. Little did he realize that at the top there is a fair amount of large gravel and sand. He was find but Cooper and I ran up to make sure since Buzz was thrown off to the side at first.

Well that's all the pictures I took this time. I would have done more but that would have cut into the fun way too much.
  9. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, that looked pretty cool!! Sorry I couldn't make it.

Next time for sure!
  10. buildit

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you guys hit it hard and had fun. It can be more fun with large groups but as a small group you tend to cover a lot more area.:D Keep us posted on when you ride, some of us have short attention spans.:lol3 Just so I know how far from Columbus are you?:ear
  11. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    Well for now its gonna be a hit and miss since I don't have a land line for the net yet at my condo I just moved into so if anyone wants to get a hold of me the best way will be to have HCM give me a call or get the # from him. As to how far, it's about an hour and a half ride to two depending on what route you take and how close to Columbus you are.