16TH ANNUAL KTM ADVENTURE RIDER RALLY, Breckenridge CO, September 13-15, 2019

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by MotoMinded, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gonna take my chances...I have a ticket...my buddy doesn't....will just hang in the vendor area and ride out own rides.....
    Outland_ADV and Whodatschrome like this.
  2. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    One week from blast off for me today.
    I'll get the front tire changed here once there is shade in the driveway.
    I got the tankbag back on, I've not had it on since I picked the bike up from the motor rebuild in February.
    Tail bag is mounted as well. Tools mostly sorted. I move the tube repair stuff from the hard cases into the tail bag for travel.
    I've been sorting camera stuff too. I'll need to use it for the grandson's birthday party on Saturday, then I can pack it.

Tires are on, all the bearings checked and serviced.
    [​IMG]

Ready to pack, fill the tanks and hit the road.
    Ferd and Outland_ADV like this.
  3. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you have tickets or not... swing on by Saturday!
    Brews and Snacks!

[​IMG]
    Ferd, Yellow Pig, MrEndo and 3 others like this.
  4. Outland_ADV

Outland_ADV n00b

Oddometer:

Are you riding pavement the whole way there? We've got a truck and trailer transporting customers bikes if you end up needing support. Saw you are also a SoCal Local. Catch ya there! (805) 428-7542
  5. Outland_ADV

Outland_ADV n00b

Oddometer:
    The annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally in Breckenridge Colorado is just a week away. Our enclosed trailer will be transporting riders bikes and gear / spare parts from here in SoCal to the rally and back. We have just a few more transport spots available so contact us to get pricing and arrange your bike transport details.

Our truck & trailer will be leaving on Wednesday Sept. 11th at 4am and arrive back on Sept 17th in the evening. Don’t bother driving and missing more days off work... that’s what we’re here for. Just arrive and ride.

If you're riding pavement there and back please do save our cell number and keep it with you. We of course hope you won't need it, but in a pinch it's good to know we can be there for you to get your bike back home to SoCal.

Ride Safe and we'll catch ya out there!

Outlandadv@gmail.com (805) 428-7542
    Ferd and Mr Head like this.
  6. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Thanks! :thumb
    I'm riding there. Got a hotel for the night of the 11th in GJ. I have to ride to Denver on my way to Breck.
  7. Wesley J

Wesley J Hoser

Oddometer:
    I've got 3 days of fun roads to get there and 3 days back. Awesome!
    Ferd and MotoMinded like this.
  8. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    I'm not taking the time to play much this trip, just an out and back quick as I can.
    Boring and hot.
    Ferd likes this.
  9. vdo

vdo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I"m in Arriving Friday Noonish
    Mr Head likes this.
  10. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    I'm still waffling on jackets. Either the old faithful, but likely way too hot Klim Latitude or the ancient Spidi air jacket that is so very worn. I've replaced the protection once, and may just use it one last time before I retire it.
    With the air jacket I'll need to carry my old rain jacket.
    I'm leaning toward the Spidi as there is a big hotter than hell desert between me and the rally.
    Both are in the laundry now.
    I scrubbed the pads from the Klim as they were very grubby and noted the backpad vent holes had mold flashing in more than 3/4's of the holes more than half completely blocked!

I cleaned that up at the bench,
    [​IMG]

If this backpad can fit into the Spidi in place of the older unvented, but lighter pad I think I'll go that route.
  11. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any idea of when the routes are supposed to be published on Rever?
  12. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    First post says the tracks will be available at the rally. I've not seen anything else posted. I could be wrong. And likely am. :-)

My toothbrush died, got a new one so I'm set. :lol3
    Nothing in orange. :dirtdog
    :imaposer

Figured out my gas stops for day one. half as many as pee stops. :imaposer
    Ferd likes this.
  13. hardinoki

hardinoki n00b

Oddometer:
    If anyone is still looking to split lodging costs in/around Breck or has info on a prime spot to pitch a tent please let me know. Heading that way from MI tomorrow morning. Got back Fri from a 6k+mile trip to Newfoundland/Labrador so quick turnaround for me. Kinda winging it at this point.
    Mr Head likes this.
  14. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    2whl-hoop likes this.
  15. fossus

fossus Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the heads up. Uploaded to my GPS plus a few of my own. Couple of lessons I’ve learned from the school of hard knocks. Having a mishap resulting in a disabled bike on the more challenging routes on the first day sucks. It means you’re spending the rest of your vacation driving around with your girlfriend window shopping. Think I will start with the green first, short blue second, then longer blue last. The black is folly for me consider. Funny thing about those blue routes. Your tooling along thinking (hey this isn’t too scary. I wonder why it’s rated blue) only to find out well into a section to steep and narrow to turn around that there are a few features I would be hard pressed to get through in my 250 much less try to pick up a bass ackards 990 upside down on a slope. Maybe there will be comments posted in time to warn the less experienced (me).
  16. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind, "Ride with the Pros" is a fun way to learn those race guys forgot what "intermediate" means a long time ago. But, you'll sure be a better rider at the end of the day!
  17. fossus

fossus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Excellent point that is easily overlooked. I would add that routes that have a specific direction of travel recommended will most likely have challenging qualities with some Oh Sh_ _ moments. An interpretation that initially escaped me. I just thought the scenery would be better.
  18. 2whl-hoop

2whl-hoop Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cottage Grove, the ragged edge of suburbia, MN
    Here's couple videos I found that were posted fairly recently and might give an idea of the route conditions. The Sts. John might be part of the Montezuma black ride...

edit-Looks like Sts. John branches off of the Montezuma route, but the trail conditions may be similar. It looks to me like the heavy snows and runoff from the melt may have exposed a lot of rock this year...

disbanded likes this.
  19. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    From my experience, anything a real enduro guy says is easy, only means nobody needed a medivac last time they were there. :imaposer

I'm thinking of the COBDR section from Statebridge area up to Gore Pass then drop into Kremmling for lunch and back to Breck. probably Friday.
    Not sure what we'll do Saturday. Some easy riding with good food.
  20. Magus

Magus Never grew up... Supporter

Oddometer:
    If anyone is looking for the Friday night ride/camp option, I have bought that package and will not be using it. Assume it’s transferable. If interested, let me know.