'17 Honda AT countershaft sprocket

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by canyncarvr, Dec 21, 2019.

1. canyncarvr

canyncarvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This item seems unnecessarily complicated, don't know why.

JTF1370RB is the JT part number. I find it only in Europe. That site says it ships to the US...until I try to buy it. THEN a window tells me they do NOT ship to the US.

The JT website lists it, but it cannot be purchased from there. IF the 'RB' (rubber isolated) part is chosen on the JT website, the next window shows the NON-RB version.

In the middle of the AT 'problem' thread I see a mention of the rubber sprocket and problems resulting having NOT used it. I have contacted US based parts suppliers and gotten NO replies.

The 'RB' type, what the OEM sprocket is, is mysteriously missing on this side of the pond?

A link to somewhere that has one other than OEM would be appreciated. 16T/stock gearing.
  2. leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought mine from Touratech
  3. AZ Africa Twin

AZ Africa Twin From the AZ High Country

Oddometer:
    Dennis Kirk is advertising the JT rubber sprocket for around $14
  4. canyncarvr

Oddometer:
    A JTF1370-RB?

What I see on their website is only a Superlite sprocket that is NOT of a cushion design. The OEM configuration is what I'm after. That is a cushion sprocket.

On Dennis Kirk I see no sprocket at all. A search for it (Honda Africa Twin countershaft sprocket) shows only one response; a HiFlo air filter for a 750. A search for the JTF1370-RB gets nothing.

If you have more specifics on the Dennis Kirk find, I'd appreciate it.
  5. Mr.Black999

Mr.Black999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. Mr.Black999

Mr.Black999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. canyncarvr

Oddometer:
    Great! Thank you. Don't ask me what my problem was finding it there.

Of course, their fitment guide says it doesn't...fit. But then, look for what DOES fit and they show only a 530 sprocket as 'possible'. (aside: The AT chain is a 525)

Aha....I see that it is NOT listed under 'JTF1370-RB' as JT lists it on their site, but 'JTF1370.16RB'. I realize that search parameters mean something, but I figgered using the number off the JT site would work.
  8. AZ Africa Twin

Oddometer:
    I have the Superlite 15 tooth, no issues, but next go round will probably go back to a 16 tooth and 54 tooth rear, which will I believe make me have a longer chain.
  9. canyncarvr

Oddometer:
    54? That might be a typo. That is a tad large, which is to say, hugely, way big large. Stock gearing is 16/42. 12T up?
  10. AZ Africa Twin

Oddometer:

Oops, good catch should read: 44 tooth rear.