1968 Hondaha build

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Dixon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Dixon

Dixon wannabe mechanic, mad scientist

Oddometer:
    When you install a Triumph engine in a Norton, you get a Triton. When YamaGeek put a lifan in his 68 Yamaha he called it his Lifanhaha.

So it makes sense that when you drop a Honda engine into my 68 Yamaha, you get a Hondaha.

This started out as a scrap yard 1968 Yamaha YG5-T. So far i've bought a 70cc Honda C70 motor for it. As well as ordered steel for the new motor mounts, all new electrical and brake components.

[​IMG]
  2. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    Hi Dixon. I'll keep an eye on this one. One thing off the bat, the starter is going to complicate the upper engine mount.
  3. Dixon

Dixon wannabe mechanic, mad scientist

Oddometer:
    I'd noticed that the starter motor was in the way. Im just going to make a delete plate for it, make this kick start only.

It's now all torn down. I've found a few more issues, thankfully nothing big. I'll post some pics after it's a roller again.
  4. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    That's cool man.

Side note; if you had an Enfield engine to stuff into it you could call it a Royal Enamaha.
    :D
    Dixon likes this.
  5. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    Well yeah, *if* you could get that big, heavy Indian lump to actually shoehorn in place of the old 80cc engine. There's not a lot of length room between the back of the engine mount and the front wheel, pretty short wheelbase altogether.

My 100 cc Lifan was marginal with the stock front fender. I seriously doubt a Lifan 140cc or other big cylindered engine would fit even with a Preston Petty high mount MX fender.