1. eNewsletter Sign Up

For sale 1969 Honda CT90K1 Fully Restored with Upgrades $3300 Newark DE

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by tom c, Feb 24, 2020.

1. tom c

tom c Teflon Tommy Supporter

Oddometer:
    For sale, a beautifully restored 1969 (originally titled in 1970) Honda CT90K1 Trail 90 with 6700 miles on the odometer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a complete frame-up restoration with frame, tank and other yellow parts powder coated to closely match original yellow with reproduction decals applied to original locations.
    Black frame hardware including foot pegs, center and side stands powder coated semigloss black.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aluminum part including engine cases and covers cleaned and polished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The original rims were too far gone to restore, they are replaced with NOS rims and new spokes, original hubs stripped, cleaned and polished, with new wheel bearings, tires, tubes and rim strips.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seat cover and foam are new.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All cables are new.
    [​IMG]
    All lights and switches work fine. The speedo reads a bit optimistically - at an indicated 66mph my phone GPS tells me I'm only going 44mph, which is about as fast I can get her to take me down a level road at full throttle in 4th. YRMV.

The OEM sealed beam (dim) headlight replaced with DRATV.com reflector assembly that features a brighter replaceable bulb.
    [​IMG]
    Not shown in the pictures are new mirrors left and right. Looking good for a 50 year old motorcycle!

Underneath the shine, this project includes a full mechanical restoration with plenty of upgrades to increase performance and reliability. The top end is completely rebuilt, including new valves, guides, seals and heavy duty valve springs. I sent the cylinder to DRATV.com to be bored out from 50mm to 54mm with a new piston and rings, increasing engine displacement from 90 to 105 cc. A DRATV.com high performance cam improves mid and top end end power. The carburetor is rebuilt. New fuel lines with inline filters installed in both main and reserve supply lines. All new engine seals installed, a full tune up performed including points, spark plug and air filter, ignition coil an aftermarket transistorized ignition module added which does not eliminate the need for points but minimizes points wear and tear, meaning far less frequent need to check points gap and ignition timing. OEM wet 6V battery replaced with 2 6V sealed game camera batteries for improved reliability. The 6V charger for these batteries is included in sale.

Suspension upgrades include the Super Duty Front Fork Kit available from DrATV.com with 50% stiffer springs and excellent dampening characteristics. Heavy Duty rear shocks are twice the spring strength as the original shocks and provide lots of support for big folks! No bottoming out with this suspension setup! New steering head bearings and rear swing arm bushings are installed. Drive chain and sprocket also new.
    [​IMG]
    These bikes feature a 4 speed automatic transmission with a high/low range subtransmission, when switched into low range this bike can tractor up nearly any hill you might want to climb! Nothing left to do with this postie except fill up the tank, give her a kick start and head for the trails!

The awesome post-resto photos courtesy of my nephew Tommy.

Here's a couple of before picture:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This slick video was put together by his buddy Eric. Both aspiring ADV riders. Thanks guys!

(I say it's a 1970 model - and the title says 1970 but this is a CT90K1 built in 1969.

Arrangements can be made to deliver the bike with my truck within a day's travel from Newark Delaware for $0.75/mile one way. Or free if we happen to be going to the same ADV event :)

I've enjoyed this restoration but it's time for me to make room in the garage for my next project
  2. SloRonStinkypants

SloRonStinkypants Without nipples Tits are pointless.

Oddometer:
    Great ride!
    Great restore Tom.
    OU812 likes this.
  3. haystack

haystack Just ride

Oddometer:
    This is a perfect candidate for a fly-n-ride, with a ride report!:deal
  4. tom c

Oddometer:
    a long slow n-ride.... but with the heavy duty shocks on the back you could load her up will gear! :)
    OU812 likes this.
  5. tom c

Oddometer:
    bump.
    OU812 likes this.
  6. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does it have the “altitude”2 positions carb?
    Thks
  7. tom c

Oddometer:
    Indeed it does. That was pretty much standard equipment for these bikes.