1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Sold 1973 BMW R 75/5 LWB, Toaster, completely gone through, Reduced to $5,900

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by anotherbmw, Jan 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. anotherbmw

anotherbmw Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice classic 1973 LWB R75/5 Toaster, 45,900 mls. Bike had sat for 22 years but ran. Completely gone through:

New main engine seal, push rod seals, clutch throw out bearing, drive shaft boot, cylinder gaskets, spark plug caps and wires. New flywheel bolts and drive shaft bolts used for reassembly, splines lubed. All fluids changed and new plugs.

New seat, new battery and tires, all new cables and handlebars, new choke lever. New fork gaiters. Great working tach and speedo. Tank is clean inside and out, no rust, new petcocks.

After completing the work and riding for 100 mls I re-torqued heads and re-checked valves. There are no issues, everything works. Registered until 2024, clean title in my name in hand. Owners Manual and some tools.

Bonus for the UT fan: UT parking sticker from 1973-1974!!! Reduced to $5,900.

Located in Austin TX. Ride and fly no problem, I can pick you up at Austin airport. IMG_9609.JPG IMG_9609.JPG IMG_9610.JPG IMG_9611.JPG IMG_9614.JPG IMG_9616.JPG IMG_9625.JPG IMG_9626.JPG IMG_9628.JPG IMG_9627.JPG IMG_9618.JPG IMG_9626.JPG
  2. bmwcliff

bmwcliff Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Miles?
  3. anotherbmw

Oddometer:
    Sorry forgot to list the mileage. In the photo it shows 45,825, however it sits at 45,900 already. I wanted to ride it a bit after I did all the engine work to make sure there are no issues. So by the time it sells it may have a few more miles, but no Alaska trip planned :D
    e rock likes this.
  4. anotherbmw

Oddometer:
    Weekly bump. Put a few miles on it yesterday to keep everything in working order, the weather was just too nice!
  5. anotherbmw

Oddometer:
    Make me an offer I can't refuse! Best riding weather in TX now!
  6. Alex_Burton

Alex_Burton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A very fair price IMHO. That said, being me, I just gotta ask if you are willing to haggle over the price like a pair of rival Snow-Cone cart merchants in front of the gates to Barton Springs on a hot summer day? :D
  7. anotherbmw

Oddometer:
    If summer comes and I still have it, I may :-).

That being said, it's a solid bike and I have no problem letting a serious buyer take it on a nice long ride through the Hill Country (I'll join on my other /5) for the peace of mind. My wife and I rode it to South Congress last weekend for an afternoon beer and life music!
  8. anotherbmw

Oddometer:
    How do I edit the original post?? Bump and price reduction to $5,900.
  9. Jick Magger

Jick Magger Exile on Main Street

Oddometer:
    Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
    Can you give a little more info on overall condition of the paint. Have you searched the ownership or service history of the bike? Thanks.
  10. anotherbmw

Oddometer:
    Condition of the paint is pretty good, there is one pic included that shows the tank. I can take more pics if needed. In the front area of the tank there are some small scratches that were touched up. The fenders are very nice as well for the age. The toaster panels are nice, but there is a some pitting on them, which I wasn't able to get out. Let me know if you want me to take any detailed pics of anything.

I don't know anything about the history, except that the bike has sat since 1997, that's why I went through and did all the things that will go wrong if not addressed (main engine seal, push rod seals, drive shaft boot, and much more, see above). It appears to be an Austin bike (see the 1973 UT parking sticker). I have since then put around 500 mls on it and it runs fine with no issues. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.