1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

For sale 1973 BMW R75/5 airhead - $4,300 American OBO

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Chuck Star, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Chuck Star

Chuck Star Airheads are cool!

Oddometer:
    $3950 best reasonable offer
    1973 BMW R75/5
    Located in Taos NM USA

This bike belonged to my brother. He bought the bike in 1975 from the original owner and drove it until his death in 2015. The bike has original motor, transmission, gas tank, paint, odometer, wheels, key, and so many other parts. I recently had the cylinders honed, installed new pistons, rings, tires, battery, some bearings and gaskets, and many other things. Carburetors needed some work so that was also done. She starts right up and purrs like a kitten needing some affection. It runs well and I would not hesitate to drive it away.

NM title is in my name but the bike is not currently registered or insured. The bike is in NM but I go back and forth between northern NM and central Colorado quite often so bike can be taken to Salida CO - 2 hours west of Denver and Colorado Springs.

Odometer shows 43,200.
    • LWB
    • garaged and well maintained its whole life
    • runs good
    • Wixom detachable bags
    • many new parts including pistons/rings
    • Windjammer fairing
    • Haggerty shows "FAIR VALUE" AT $4700
    Prefer cash but might trade up or down for 2005 or newer trials bike.

Attached Files:

bwalsh, Amigo, Bil Reed and 6 others like this.