1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 1974 BMW R90/6

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by zigmund, Apr 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zigmund

zigmund n00b

Oddometer:
    1974 BMW R90/6, 900cc, (mostly) original condition, very reliable, starts easily every time, rides great. I have owned this bike for almost 20 years. It has been well cared for in that time, regular maintenance, lots of parts replaced over the years with genuine BMW parts, plenty of upgrades throughout the time I've owned it too.

-Unleaded conversion performed by Ted Porter (https://www.beemershop.com) with new valves, guides, seats, new exhaust port threads repaired and recut.
    -Front brake upgrades: master cylinder rebuilt, stainless brake line, EBC rotor
    -Progressive rear shocks
    -Front forks recently rebuilt all new seals and internals, Progressive springs, fresh fork oil
    -New charging system from Motorad Electric (http://www.motoelekt.com)
    -Dyna III electronic ignition
    -New seat foam and cover

Included with the sale but not pictured are a few extra parts, crash bars, Krauser luggage and racks, rear rack, battery tender, original BMW tool set, owners manual and parts catalog. Clean PA title. There are a few small issues that don't affect the ride at all (odometer stopped working years ago, I think it has about 50K miles on it at this point but I'm not really sure, clutch switch taken off after it stopped working a while back so now you have to be in neutral to start the bike, and the seat lock rattled off at some point. The seat still closes securely, you just can't lock it with the key anymore). This bike has some well earned patina and probably won't win you any trophies at your local bike show, but if you want a beautiful, reliable classic motorcycle to use as a daily rider or to jump on tomorrow and ride across the country, this is the bike.

Located in Betlehem, PA 18017
    Asking $5000 obo

_DSC4986.jpg _DSC4988.jpg _DSC4989.jpg _DSC4990.jpg _DSC4991.jpg _DSC4992.jpg _DSC4993.jpg _DSC4995.jpg IMG_5155.jpg IMG_5166.jpg

SOLD
    Mulehill, Motonirvana, Gordon and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.