Sold 1974 Dodge Dart Sport 340 - sharp car - western CO

Discussion in 'Other' started by vintage_mpg, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintage_mpg

vintage_mpg Two wheels, only one seat

Oddometer:
    UPDATE: Looks like this one will be living right down the road. Thanks for all the inquiries!

We're selling our super nice Dodge Dart Sport - we're trying to wrap up some building projects before winter....so we're cutting loose of all our extra toys!

This is a super clean '74 Dodge Dart Sport (just like the Plymouth Duster) -

Powered by a spicy 340 HiPo engine - a very desirable powertrain known for its power and ability to rev strong (i.e., sleeper small block!). Mated to a bulletproof 727 TorqueFlite automatic, this thing is the perfect all-around driver. Easy cruising when you want the automatic, but ready to party when you hammer the throttle!

Engine is loaded with goodies, including an Edelbrock intake, Demon 4bbl carb, headers, electronic ignition, and full 2.5" dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers for that big and throaty V8 exhaust. It sounds just as good as it looks! Battery has been relocated to the trunk, and traction bars are in place to prevent wheelhop. Full front aftermarket cross-member, rebuilt front end, complete with Viking Performance adjustable coil-over shocks.

All new paint (the Plymouth/Dodge "Blue Fire Blue"), new vinyl top, new MOPAR rallye wheels and tires. Wilwood power front disc brakes are in place, making her stop as quickly as she goes. Interior is very nice, including a full bench with fold-down armrest, and the folding rear seat and pass-through storage, for the bigger items. Carpet is in great condition, all glass is nice and the rear pop-out windows work just as they should. Even includes the original 1974 Dodge owner's manual in the glovebox.

This is one of the most affordable MOPAR muscle cars these days; there's not a better way to get into a MOPAR than this! Grab this thing and get cruising! It's far from perfect, but a spectacular foundation to work with. She's ready to pump gas and drive. Take it up a notch if you'd like, or drive it like it is. Either way, she turns heads nonstop and is a blast to drive.

Interesting auto trades might be considered, but honestly the cash and space is what I'm after most.

I'm on the western slope of Colorado, in the Hotchkiss Paonia area. Bring cash and take her home. She's gotta go.

SOLD

Message me here or call/text 970/778.6061

20200730_192118.jpg 20200729_075844.jpg 20200730_192325.jpg 20200730_192335.jpg 20200730_192628.jpg 20200730_192706.jpg 20200730_192713.jpg 20200730_192902.jpg 20200730_192916.jpg
    snofrog, HuckIt, Snapper33 and 21 others like this.
  2. JayW

JayW Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a beauty! Please elaborate on what you mean by, “it’s far from perfect.“ How many miles on the chassis? Does the car have AC?
  3. vintage_mpg

Oddometer:
    It just needs some detail work to take it to the next level. For instance, the seat foam is a little tired, and could stand to be replaced. Some of the weatherstripping isn't what it used to be. The rear tail light lenses have some pitting on the chrome, and the front/back bumpers have slight oxidation. That sort of stuff. The detail stuff.

I can't recall what the mileage on the chassis might be - I'll have to check. I believe the odometer reads 56k, give or take....but let me verify that.

This car originally came with a/c, but does not have it in its current configuration.

All good questions! What else can I tell you about it?
  4. AHRMA17L

AHRMA17L Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Would you consider a Duster trade? Say, this plus $9,000 cash? 225, factory 4 speed, comes with Legendary Covers for the front buckets and factory Rallye wheels with center caps, no trim rings. Basic Duster, but 100% reliable and ready to drive anywhere.

[​IMG]
    rixcafe, snofrog, hwyhound and 2 others like this.
  5. vintage_mpg

Oddometer:
    That's a beauty as well!

Let's start a conversation; perhaps we can make something happen...I'll shoot you a message.
  6. vintage_mpg

Oddometer:
    Looks like this one is sold; she's going just up the road.

Thanks for all the inquiries -
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.