1974 Yamaha DT250A restore

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by tex68w, Aug 1, 2020.

1. tex68w

tex68w Mister Bevilaqua

Oddometer:
    The headlight is back in and all of the associated signal and horn wiring has been reconfigured and everything works. I had to order a NOS horn because the original gave up on me, it's not pictured here. It still needs a new battery and some PDR work on the two tanks and a good spit shine and polish and then I think I can call it complete.

[​IMG]
    Pezz_gs likes this.
  2. tex68w

tex68w Mister Bevilaqua

Oddometer:
    Every single ding was successfully removed from the fuel tank and all but the upper edge from the crease on the oil tank was removed as well. I have to say that I am impressed and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I love that I was able to salvage the original paint and patina by giving PDR a try. So note to anyone considering using PDR as an alternative to paint and body work I highly suggest you find a competent shop and give it a try.

The only thing left to do is replace the oil tank decal and give it a proper wash, polish, and wax and this restoration is complete.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pezz_gs likes this.
  3. tex68w

tex68w Mister Bevilaqua

Oddometer:
    A good wash and some polishing and she'll be ready. Lots of orange in the garage at the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]