For sale 1978 BMW R 100 RS | $5,850 | Denver, CO

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by kohlkopf, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kohlkopf

kohlkopf n00b

Oddometer:
    Rare 1978 R100RS motorcycle. Very desirable year. VIN indicates 1977-1978, same code. This was the RS with the beautiful Hans Muth designed fairing and the engine with the higher performance engine produced before the EPA gutted the model. As a result you get hotter cams, more horsepower, and 40mm carbs. This one has an oil cooler. Beautiful snowflake wheels. Also featured in this model are dual front disc brakes (ATE), single disc Brembo rear.

The bike is in great mechanical condition as far as I can tell. It needs some aesthetic love if you want to restore it to its full glory. Wear on the tank. Scrapes on the uppers repainted with touch-up paint. Fairing lowers are in great shape. All gauges work. The RS voltmeter works and the clock ticks and ticks. Mostly original, hard to know as I'm not an expert in airheads. Even have the original tool kit and manual.

Price: $5,850 OBO

Feel free to ask for more detailed pics. I have lots.

Just in time for when the heat starts to die down a little. The recent purchase of a home has made me need to move around some assets.

Gone through by Bak BMW KTM in Iowa prior to my ownership.

True mileage unknown. ODO says 45k, the paint says otherwise. The title states "Unknown mileage"

Earlier peanut valve covers (like the look)
    New tires
    Brakes rebuilt (Bak BMW)
    Head rebuild (Ted Porter Beemershop) + cylinder hone
    Full carb rebuild with Bing $$$ parts
    New BMW throttle cables
    New grips
    Krauser bags

Extras: dual Corbin seat, tool kit, repair manuals, a few random parts

I want to thank Arni Flora who reached out to inform me of several mistakes in the original ad.

ul.png

If I haven't said it enough, I am no expert and would love to hear any corrections that need to be made.
    IHJ, scottdc and Amphib like this.
  2. ked

ked Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You forget to mention that you have that rare and beautiful solo seat!

my all-time favorite bike

glws !
    kohlkopf and scottdc like this.
  3. kohlkopf

kohlkopf n00b

Oddometer:
    The dual Corbin seat comes with the bike. Can switch between dual and the much better looking (IMO) solo seat quickly.

upload_2020-9-17_14-53-53.png
    Velocipede and Hair like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.