lot has happened in the last year. I finished the bike, put 1,200 miles on it and siezed it. its currently torn apart with parts expected to show up any minute. While looking for some parts and info regarding some mods I want to make I kept finding this thread and some of my pictures so I decided to finish it up. It will take me a few posts to ketch up so bear with me. I left off with the tank soaking in some resolve rust remover. good stuff, it removes the rust without harming the paint. Although the paint on my tank was toast. After soaking and rinsing with some acetone I Had a tank ready to be bead blasted and welded up. Unfortunately the blasting revealed a lot of pin holes besides the one that I had a known about before blasting. I actually silver soldered all the pinholes and pressure tested it and then moved on to pulling this dent out using a stud welder. I was almost ready to start with body putty when a really clean tank showed up on my local clist for $100. This is the nasty dent on my original tank, almost had it out. was hot to paint the body work now but before I could move forward with that I needed to address the front fender. 30+ years of sun had not been kind to the plastic. Here is a close up to what the surface looked like. There was no way I was going to be able to restore this. This is an odd fender and there are no aftermarket fenders available. there are some that will fit but they look like crap, remember this beast has a 23" front wheel so it really needs that OEM diving board of a front fender. having a back ground as a pattern and mold maker I decided to make a fiberglass fender. Ill cover that in my next post, it turned out really sweet.