Sold 1981 BMW R100 - nice running airhead

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Cho_Matt, Jul 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cho_Matt

Cho_Matt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Selling my 1981 BMW R100 standard. Just under 77K miles and located in Charlottesville, VA. I've had the bike for about 5 years, and it's been a great bike but I just don't ride it enough to justify keeping it (plus I am adding a new bike and don't have room in the garage). Previous couple of owners have done a ton of work - basically all of the major items for a bike with these miles. Within the last 14k miles it has had a complete top end rebuild, transmission rebuild, new clutch, new rear shocks, rebuilt alternator, and new diode board (along with a bunch of other minor stuff). Since I have had the bike, I have put in a new starter, new front discs and pads, new rear brake shoes, and new final drive seal. I haven't ridden it much the last two years so just did a mini carb clean and rebuild. It runs really well! The bike is not a beauty queen (has a few dents, scuffs, etc), but is mechanically sound and would be a great bike to either just ride or candidate for cosmetic restoration.

In addition to the bike, included are a pair fairish condition hard bags, couple of different style handlebars, the original discs and shoes, the old starter (in case you want to rebuild it), the original manual, a clymer manual, and some miscellaneous maintenance papers from previous owners. One of the pictures is the write up that the 2 owner ago seller wrote up talking about some of the work done on the bike. Also, the bike does have a corbin seat.

Asking $3,500

IMG_5155.jpg IMG_3771.jpg IMG_6118.jpg IMG_7421.jpg IMG_7554.jpg IMG_7247.jpg

Attached Files:

Fenianbastard, homere and ozmoses like this.
  2. Cho_Matt

Cho_Matt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A boost and a note to say I just put $800 into the bike today - new front and rear tire, valve check, carb adjustments, and very minor brake work. The bike is running absolutely fantastic!! Even with the work I just had done I'm keeping the price the same at $3500 (but will need to stick pretty firm to that number).
  3. Bruincounselor

Bruincounselor North Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any interest in selling the dash pad (BMW calls it an impact plate)? I have an '81 RT and the dash pad is toast. PM if you you're interested, or perhaps the new owner would like to part with it.

Nice bike and GLWS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.