1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 1996 Moto Guzzi V50 P.A., Virginia Beach, VA- $2,999

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by R1100purist, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R1100purist

R1100purist Horizontally opposed twin dude

Oddometer:
    It's time for my 1996 Moto Guzzi V50 to make room in the garage for my new bike.

Bike comes with clean South Dakota title in hand ready to be transferred to the new owner.

Overall a lightweight peppy bike that’s a perfect commuter, back road scratcher, or tourer. With just over 6,000 Kms (3,700 miles) this bike is barely broken in. Bike was in long term storage in Italy before I brought it over and gave it a once over, light refresh, and a good tune.

It’s in great condition, relatively new tires (2,000 miles), new trans, final drive, and engine oils. New sparkplugs and wires, new rear main seal (no more weep), new clutch friction disk, new brake pads all the way around as well as braided brake hoses.

Includes the rare polizia locking saddlebags as well as the police solo seat. Currently I retrofitted the seat from a 2019 V9 roamer, but this can be easily reversed if you want to run the original single seat. It was just a bit too short front to back for me, but otherwise a nice perch.

I am located in the Virginia Beach area and will work with your shipper of choice or if you wanted to fly and ride I could accommodate that too. Asking for $500 deposit on paypal and the balance in cash, USPS money order, or certified check but willing to work out a plan, so just ask.

Bike runs well but is typical of late 90s (emissions) carbed bikes in that it needs a good warm up. Generally I start on the choke and couple blips of the throttle and ride off until my first stop sign 1/2 mile away, at that point choke off and it’s good to go.

Linked brakes are also awesome and surprising why they didn’t take off with more manufacturers. Foot pedal activates the rear and front left caliper with the remaining right front caliper activated by the front brake lever. You can stomp down on the rear brake pedal and aggressively yet smoothly slow down with no drama.

Please ask any questions! IMG_2663.jpg IMG_2665.jpg IMG_2666.jpg IMG_2667.jpg IMG_2669.jpg IMG_2670.jpg IMG_2672.jpg IMG_2673.jpg IMG_2689.jpg
  2. rkjjeep

rkjjeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty, can you add a photo of the solo seat.
  3. R1100purist

Oddometer:
    Yep!

Attached Files:

4. R1100purist

Oddometer:
    With it on the bike: F73FD63A-42B8-496E-B069-5389214927BB.jpeg
  5. Robin R

Robin R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you sure this is a 1996, I can’t find any reference to it being built after 1986. Also is that a Supa 5 by the bench in the garage.
  6. R1100purist

Oddometer:
    Yep it's a former V50 P.A. or "Public administration" bike originally in Roman Carabinieri blue and white. 1994-2001 was this particular version of the V50s run. It has a lot of part commonality with the then soon to be nascent V7C and V7 Breva models, far less with the earlier V50 I-III series.

Good eye! It's a 1974 TS250 which was the precursor to the TS250/1 "Supa 5." The big difference being a smaller tank and different styling on the cylinder head.
    IMG_2242.jpg
  7. OlyOop

OlyOop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a great looking bike! Shipping to the PNW is likely cost prohibitive (I've requested bids all the same), but I wish I could make it mine. Good luck with the sale!

Kris

Olympia WA
    R1100purist likes this.
  8. R1100purist

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I have had good luck with UShip but you never know what kind of bids you’re going to get. If only freight wasn’t so expensive...ha.
  9. heirhead

heirhead worlds worst mechanic

Oddometer:
    PM sent

hh
    wwm
  10. R1100purist

Oddometer:
    Sold! Thanks everyone for looking
    Eddy Alvarez and Allucaneat like this.
Thread Status: