1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

1998 Honda VFR

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by timmie415, Jan 10, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmie415

timmie415 n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer:
    BIKE:
    1998 Honda VFR 800

ODO:

Pacifica, CA (just down Highway 1 from San Francisco)

PRICE:
    $3,400 of your finest US dollars, because who knows when I will be able to travel to Canada or Europe again.

REASON FOR LETTING IT GO:
    A number of factors have led to this hard decision. Mostly, as the miles indicate, I opt to ride my Vstrom or my TMAX and this poor bike stays parked. Sadly I can't justify keeping insurance on a vehicle I just don't use enough. That being said I don't need to sell it, so lowballers save your bandwidth and our time.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    None. A few scratches from a driveway tip over. R/R and stator were updated with a better ones (https://www.wiremybike.com/index.php?cPath=1_8&osCsid=3ecccbe9a67b4f7ea003bb1627b4175e) I also bought the VFRness but never got around to installing it.
    Surface rusting on the pipes coming off the radiator.

FARKLES:
    Throttlemeister locker for when you are slabbing it
    Sargent Seat with fancy red piping (rear seat has never had a butt cheek on it.)
    Yoshimura RS3 slip-on
    Condom-less mirrors
    ASV adjustable clutch and brake levers
    BMW-style lighter mounted under right leg
    Red tank bra for when you want to feel sexy (I never used it, came from the previous owner)
    Stock parts come with the bike besides the OEM levers. Also have the Factory Service manual for the wrench turning inmates

Standard deal making rules apply,
    Cash only.
    That cash has to be in my hand if you want to go for a test ride.
    Covid safety of masks and no hugs no matter how happy you are to be buying such an amazing bike.
    I'll try to be as accommodating as I can be in these crazy times. If you want to do a fly and ride SFO is the closest airport. I'll be sure to have the bike full of gas and ready to roll.

Now the all important photos, clickable if you want to see bigger images (remember you can get this for a great value of $3,400)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think that covers it. You get an amazing bike for $3,400 and I get left with an empty feeling but a full wallet.
    Thanks for looking and dreaming!
    -Tim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.