1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

For sale 1999 R1100RT 1800.00

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Stacy Hughes, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Stacy Hughes

Stacy Hughes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    1999 BMW R1100RT
    Located in suburban Indianapolis
    103k Miles
    I bought it a couple years and 35k miles ago. Rode it back from Monterey California last fall
    I need to thin the herd, so Betty needs to go.
    12w50 Mobil One in the engine, along with the rear diff and gearbox serviced every 3500 miles.
    Tear in the seat, side cover blew off ages ago.
    It does everything that these bikes typically do, it sputters a bit cold, it shifts like a John Deere. The fuel gauge jumps around a bit, but the low fuel light works correctly.
    I would and have rode it everywhere.
    External fuel filter
    New Odyssey Battery August 2019
    Clutch cable a year or so ago.
    17" rear wheel
    Belt cover cut (mod)
    Mechanical cruise
    top and side boxes
    Tires are about half life
    Plenty of scuffs and bruises, but it doesn't drink or leak oil (not enough to make a drip on the floor)
    Center stand broke once and it flopped over on its side and left a few battle scars.
    It is ride ready as I am riding it to work tomorrow and have rode it several times this year already.
    1800.00 Firm
    IRS_6213_edited.jpg IRS_6214_edited.jpg IRS_6215_edited.jpg IRS_6216_edited.jpg IRS_6217_edited.jpg IRS_6218_edited.jpg
  2. SilentRay

SilentRay Wheres that go Supporter

Oddometer:
    Belt cover cut mod ? Haven't heard of that being done. Please tell us more and a pic please .

At that price no matter what it's a steal . GLWS
    Bucho likes this.
  3. Stacy Hughes

Stacy Hughes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just a horizontal cut to make the cover 2 piece, makes it easier to get the cover off (especially when the exhaust is hot) for side of the road belt changes if necessary. I rode it in to work today, it really is a good bike for what it is.
  4. Stacy Hughes

Stacy Hughes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump. I have been riding it and pondering not selling it, but I have my eyes on something newer and need to make room.