1st Annual Get On! ADV Festival, Sturgis, South Dakota July 15-18

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by RevZilla, Jun 15, 2021.

1. SPop75

SPop75 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We had around 230-40 riders, not including staff and vendors who rode. Really can't thank everyone on here who attended and giving us a chance in a year one event. I had an amazing week despite cracking the case on my new 890R. It was so much fun meeting everyone, and glad I/we were able to ride with folks, even more I could get a loaner. Next year I'm bringing two bikes, and hopefully can get out with more groups. I made a couple promises to ride with a few folks and plan on keeping it.

We've already debriefed and started compiling areas to improve for next year. As I shared with a lot of folks, we were bummed not all vendors and OE's could come who hoped to. Ducati & Triumph were supposed to have demos as well, but sold their fleets. Oh well. We made the most. Next year will be better. We'll go out with a few more folks and pre-ride all the routes start to finish and plan on offering some more B routes. We also have some other fun things planned, but you'll have to attend to find out....

I have to say that everyone was so freaking cool to talk to, and really was the best part of my week. Guy named Ken from Boston area was a total badass and was on a long round trip of which we were a stop. Bryan, who's on here somewhere had more shit on his GS than I've ever seen, but has probably ridden more this year than I will in 5! LOL - John from CA whose throttle cable came loose after an off in the mud and slept on a General Store porch for 3 hours before AAA picked him up and brought him back to camp at 3:30am. Canadian Jim, Jim from Hudson Valley NY, Jamie on here somewhere with a Vstrom from CO, Fort Worth Joe, Mustache Dan from CO (12GS) and Dave from CO (Tiger 800), Mustache Matt and his evening flipflops, Carlos from Vegas, Kandi who won GS Trophy event, Luther from CA who traded cigars with me, Cowboy hat dude (Charles maybe) from Houston, KTM 790 John, Raf, Jess, Dallas, Yansie and Casey, Wyoming John with a Boston accent, Orange Pan America Dude with a dip in from South Carolina who's name I forget but was rad, Dude named Shawn, who seemingly detailed his MultiStrada every night. Cleanest bike I've ever seen. Guy who had a Grom with ADV Tires who did 120 some mile route with a group, Nathan and his lose terminal connection on his 650GS, the four dudes I chatted with Saturday night who went back out and crushed a B loop, white Ford truck guy I slipped some of my pellegrino secret stash because neither of us drink, and the countless folks I got to meet and who were incredibly supportive knowing my brand new bike sat in my truck all week with a cracked case.

That's just to name a few, but really made my week/year. I had so much fun riding with a group on Friday and really can't remember smiling that much on a ride. Having two new to offroad riders test themselves was just so awesome to see. These days I rarely get to spend time with riders and customers, and especially as the company has grown, we have to work harder and harder to stay grounded and remind ourselves why we're in this. And this group reminded me/us in spades.
    We can't wait till next year, and really looking forward to seeing you all again.
    Here's my kickass riding group from Friday's B loop. I'm the one cheesin' in the white Fox Jersey -
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    Dan Diego, rtank, V2Two and 6 others like this.
  2. GARAGE DWELLER

GARAGE DWELLER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This was a good summary, Spop75 did a good job coming around to everyone for a talk and feed back. A big takeaway from the weekend was, if you were worried about coming to this event alone and not having someone to ride with, don't be. So many cool people to meet and willing to ride with you. They had meet up points in the morning if you didn't have a group, you pick A,B,C route group to ride with. I enjoyed BS'ing with all the different people as much as riding in the hills. With that this was a riding group of people. Less so of a party group. There were a few of us that liked to have a few cold ones in the evening, but most turned in early. A complete polar opposite of the normal Sturgis crowd. It was a good time, and pretty much everyone I talked to said they were coming back next year.
    Oldrdude, V2Two, y2blade and 4 others like this.
  3. Bat7

Bat7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Echoing what others have said, this was a great rally. Ride during the day, and have a cold beer at the end of the day while swapping stories is the kind of rally I like. I really enjoyed talking to folks from Revzilla and discovering that they are passionate riders themselves. I especially enjoyed talking to Jeff and Amanda, who ride the same model bike I do: a CB500X. Being a Motorcycle Relief Project alumni, I accepted their invitation to attend the MRP reunion at next year's ADV Fest. I also appreciated the chance to hang out with Tom Larson and others from MRP, as I haven't seen Tom since I was on Ride 10 in 2017. Had a chance to chat with too many others to name them all.
    I did sit on a Pan America. Sadly, after lowering the bike as much as possible and watching me struggle to get a leg over it, Jim from HD had to agree with me that the Pan America would not work for me. It is a good thing that the CB500X does work well.
    Looking forward to next year.
    Mick
    V2Two, y2blade, Xclimation and 3 others like this.
  4. DAC Moto

DAC Moto HAPPY TRAILS Supporter

Oddometer:
    To all those who rocked the A @ B routes, in the words of AC/DC “for those about to rock….we salute you”
    Xclimation likes this.
  5. SPop75

SPop75 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For all you AC/DC fans out there.
    y2blade, Xclimation and DAC Moto like this.
  6. DAC Moto

Oddometer:
    LOL that hot Australian sun must confuse them down under ha ha. Good one SPop75, AC/DC is always good to play when riding the trails.
    Xclimation likes this.
  7. papamoose

papamoose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Checking in with an album. The first part are my pics from the fest.
    https://imgur.com/a/662udeH
    Shoutout to GarageDweller, _lee, oldrdude, and Spop75 who I met at the fest!
  8. Xclimation

Xclimation Adventurer

Oddometer:
    S.pop75 .....felt bad for you with what happened to your bike!...I'm reminded of it because I have my eye on that bike for my next bike.
  9. Xclimation

Xclimation Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sooo looking forward to next year!
  10. DAC Moto

Oddometer:
  11. Xclimation

Xclimation Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DAC Moto , Excellent video!
    DAC Moto likes this.
  12. DAC Moto

Oddometer:
    Thank you, I appreciate that my 2 wheel friend.
  13. y2blade

y2blade Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great video , thanks for sharing
    DAC Moto likes this.
  14. Air Force Vet

Air Force Vet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My highlights from the weekend. Overall I had a great time!
    okiegtrider, DAC Moto, belrix and 5 others like this.
  15. GARAGE DWELLER

Oddometer:
    That was awesome!
  16. y2blade

y2blade Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. GARAGE DWELLER

Oddometer:
    I didn't take nearly enough pics of the trip but have a few...

Slight detour...

IMG_0284.JPG
    Cement Ridge Fire tower...

IMG_0291.JPG

Looking West...

IMG_0299_crop.jpg
    norton73 and y2blade like this.
  18. GARAGE DWELLER

Oddometer:
    Get to bed dummy...

IMG_0277.JPG

Breakfast Sunday. I wished I would have got a pic of the lot the first night. It was loaded with bikes, they didn't congregate like that the rest of the weekend.

IMG_0302.JPG
    Dan Diego, y2blade and Oldrdude like this.
  19. BoxerDoc

BoxerDoc Boxer2Vtwin convert Supporter

Oddometer:
    @GARAGE DWELLER thanks for posting! I saw my bike parked up there on the one from Cement Ridge Lookout. That was a cool spot. I guess we were up there around the same time.

Attached Files:

Dan Diego and GARAGE DWELLER like this.
  20. GARAGE DWELLER

Oddometer:
    Were you the MD with the KTM? I think we talked to you a few times.