1st BAAM (Brazilian ADV Annual Meeting)

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Robson Jaborá/SC, Jan 18, 2010.

1. rodrigo1985

rodrigo1985 Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer:
    My journey began in front of a dealer of Honda, where he was waiting for another 2 friends who accompanied me to morretes. I was particularly quiet at this stage of the journey, because there were 3 doctors among our team! (Thanks Dr Orlando, Dr Rosely, Dr Marcos and his wife)
    Drove 338 km exactly when I stopped at a checkpoint in the town of morretes to my last supplies before the dirt road. asked the attendant as was the road, and he simply said it was very discouraging. But proceed, despite protests and warnings of the team the petrol station. Once we enter the road and seemed fine, my GPS was indicating the correct route, and there was still daylight. But with the sunset coming things started to take another direction, and both I and my girlfriend we asked about the insanity of the tour. After some discussion about the loss of GPS signal, we decided to go deep, whatever the cost.
    Finally we arrived at the pousada, and the first thing I saw was an expression of happiness mario to sharing your journey with someone else. jake joined them and went to dinner. Mike came in and then after dinner we were depleting the stock of beer before sleeping as 3am.
    The next day, we were all finding ways to tell each other about the dissatisfaction of the local and the will to move forward. draw a plan and within hours we were on the road again, to my relief. when we stopped at the waterfall and found a crystalline lake really was incredible. the waterfall was huge, and I invite all people a day visit a site like this.
    It seemed that I was in a movie, and felt that all had the same goal, to win the road and get them to a hotel and a good meal. missing 20km to finish the voyage a storm fell on the road, making things more difficult still.
    After we regroup at the same gas station where attendants said it was impossible to cross the road with only a supply of fuel. But we can and now we look for a good hotel and a good meal.
    I asked all of those who followed and within a few minutes after downloading everything in the hotel we went to a reliable restaurant. I asked the waitress a dish typical of the coast of Paraná, the barreado. I believe it was my best dinner of all, especially the company of good friends.
    Jake, Mike and Mario left to have more beer and I decided to save myself the hotel for the next day. On Sunday we left the hotel and went in the direction of graceful mountains, a spectacular place, jake left us heading to sao paulo and then one by one we began to disperse
    I can not explain my feelings about this weekend unforgettable. I believe that every second will be remembered and I and my girlfriend not wait for a new opportunity
    here some pics from my point of view:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:
    I'm in! why do not you come to the south jake? mike comes to the north and we meet mario to carried out a trip to anywhere? rock and roll on easter!!!:freaky :freaky
  3. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Great pictures Rodrigo. I am glad you posted you experience. :clap :clap

I am ready to go for another ride. Just pick the dates and where to start. :freaky
  4. evandro.dalben

evandro.dalben evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Hello Mike, I didn't change my mind in middle of trip, what's happen is that my Friend ADV (Polish guy) mistake the day to met me in Serra do Rio Rastro, He arrived in other day (friday) there, so I was scheduled to know the Serra do Rio Rastro in Friday, I should did in Saturday and return on Sunday, when we was returning we could arrive there early.

I really missed to met you guys, but the Serra do Rio Rastro was amazing trip for me, I arrived today in home, we had very good trip (2500km in total), the way to bay to SP going APIAÍ route is fantastic, to much curves, soon I will post my RR from last days ...

Very great event I missed, I saw the pics .... very sorry !

looking for met you in next event, we could do here in SP if you want. Could be in Campinas, what you think ? I can prepared everything here, BBQ... very good ride around etc ...

When do you expect to do other ?

Evandro Dalben [pisteiros.com.br]

I am with Roman from New Jersey in home ...
  5. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a great event with some great riding and swimming holes:clap
  6. luciosiq

luciosiq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations Guys !!!!!
    What a great First Meeting.:freaky :rofl :1drink :freaky
    So, let's organize another one.
    Instead of "Brazilian ADV Annual Meeting" we call it "Brazilian ADV Always Meeting"
    It doesn't have to be annual.
    As Robson said, you guys are the start of ADV Story in Brazil.
    :clap :clap :clap :clap
  7. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:
    i agree with the name of event! Brazilian ADV Always Meeting!!
  8. Robson Jaborá/SC

Robson Jaborá/SC Brazilian Adventurer...

Oddometer:
    Very gooooodd... :beer
  9. Robson Jaborá/SC

Oddometer:
    Great Picx guys... :lurk
  10. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Agree Guys,

Invinting you to BBQ in Campinas - SP this weekend ! Roman ADV guy from New Jersey and Me will be there showing our pics and movies from last trip...

Brazilian ADV Always Meeting

Horário: 27 março 2010 o dia inteiro
    Local: SP-340 Campinas to Jaguariuna
    Proximo do Solar das Andorinhas (Chacara Dalben)
    Rua: Dalben's countryside (Chacara)
    Site ou Mapa: www.pisteiros.com.br
    Telefone: (19) 98268225 (19) 32573104
    Tipo de evento: bbq_churras
    Organizado por: Evandro Dalben

You can do your camping here !!!

Evandro
  11. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I am sure you had a great ride. Can't wait to see your RR. I will meet you on the next ride.

Cheers,

Mike
  12. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:

I may be able to make it. I would really like to meet others and see your pictures and hear about the trip. But......the wife is freaking out because ever since I got my bike I want to be on the road. :eek1 I am more of a hotel/pousada kind of guy. Are there any pousadas near by? Mario really likes camping. I think maybe I am getting old. :rofl

Cheers,

Mike
  13. Robson Jaborá/SC

Oddometer:
    I can't go this time guys!
    I'll try to go on the next... :shog
  14. Robson Jaborá/SC

Oddometer:
    I like do camp, for me is not a problem... :kumbaya
  15. evandro.dalben

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, Campinas has great Motels around this road and Dom Pedro, 20 minutes of there, your wife should love that... (there are the Solar das Andorinhas, Farm holtel very nice) I have some place to camping in my countryside for all others if they want ... no problem ...

I couldn't offer to all beds in my home because we have some visits from Chile and Polish there this weekend.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  16. FJakeR

FJakeR Halape

Oddometer:
    Ola Evandro,

My g/f and I will come on Saturday. What time should we be there? Can we also do some riding around there?

Jake
  17. firela

firela Adventurer

Oddometer:
    this weekend isnt good for me , but still want to do some riding soon
  18. FJakeR

FJakeR Halape

Oddometer:
    I'd like to go somewhere next weekend (Easter) but understand if you guys have family commitments.

A couple of my options at this point:

1) Foz de Iguacu, with a stop in Gurarapuava to visit Rodrigo.

2) A place in Pantanal called Bonito.

3) Ride the road that Evandro did last weekend, forget the name...the one with a lot of curves, then head to Morretes and do a tubing trip down the river.

Any of those sound good to anybody?

Jake
  19. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:

lets go to Foz do Iguaçu and make a boat trip jake , is priceless!, go to the falls , go to argentina and paraguai , visit itaipu powerplant, plus we have lot of options to ride, i know several good places. Mike can see the coffee farms too on this trip.

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
  20. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I really want to go to the Foz do Iguacu but I have not gotten a yellow fever shot yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_fever Very few people get it but those that do get very sick and some do not survive :eek1
    You need to get vaccinated at least 10 days before and then you are good for 10 years or more. So I will be up for any other place and get my shot this week so I will be good to go the next time.