1st on Pan America doin Trans America

Discussion in 'Americas' started by FIGJAMMIN, Jul 15, 2021.

1. FIGJAMMIN

FIGJAMMIN n00b

Oddometer:
    Greetings All!

I am doing the TAT west to east Port Orford to Cape Hatteras on a Pan America Special with my trusty sidekick Jake my Australian Cattle Dog. He's rode many miles with me. I am raising money and awareness for a foundation I started called The Unhoused Project battling homelessness locally and globally. My holdup is HD and it having panniers or other accessories needed for the trip. I also have a 25' shortie Skoolie completely built custom and luxury. Looking for a driver for the rig as well as other riders. I have a 2007 GS for sale as well. I had hoped to leave first week of August but now without the right riding equipment I may hit Sturgis and delay the trip yet again. Unless I can get a driver for the bus or HD accessories. I do have a couple sponsors some well known companies and have tried to reach out to HD to get them onboard. It'd be great promotion first man to ride the Trans America Trail on a Pan America Special with his dog. Back to back. Once I get to Cape Hatteras I am turning around and running it back. Whatever the weather barring it's not winter. I'll dodge snow or may hole up in Florida for winter and return in the spring of 2022. Did I mention I am also a former 9/11 firefighter now battling Parkinson's Disease! Should be quite the trip. Any comments are welcome. Good, bad and ugly. I've already heard about every positive and negative thing that can be said and I am unwavering on my mission. Only flexibility is the dates. I'd hate to have to do this in 2022 but if that's my only option then so be it but I'm hoping for some miracles and the ADV gods(and Harley Davidson) to shine on me. I spent 23k on the bike it'd be nice to have the accessories. Donated would rock but I'll pay for them if available. I see great opportunity for HD to see me selling my GS to ride the TAT on the PAS! Come on it's as good of a marketing ploy as Jason Mamoa was in the reveal. At least I'm a real adv rider and a regular guy. Well I used to be a nationally touring headlining comedian but I digress. Anyways bring on the comments and let's have an awesome discussion on my trip. Join the convo or the adventure. I'll be daily vlogging for my YouTube channel and going live in fb and ig as well as updating the links here to follow along. Have an excellent summer of 2021 to all!
  2. FIGJAMMIN

FIGJAMMIN n00b

Oddometer:
    If I'm unable to get the trip in this year due to the aforementioned hiccups then after Sturgis I'd like to head to Salt Flats for the speed week and try to set a land speed record for the revolution max motor on the Pan America Special. Not sure how that even works but I figure there isn't a record of that motor yet. I'll tune mine, shave some weight and out it in the wind. Just another idea I've been kicking around. Any feedback appreciated. Cheers!
  3. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    That's a bummer about the luggage. I just did a demo ride on a Pan America at Laguna Seca Raceway. They had about 10 of them, and one was completely decked out in luggage. Apparently they have produced at least one set.

Good luck!
  4. szurszewski

szurszewski Long timer

Oddometer:
    We need pictures Jake!
  5. GreatWhiteHunter

GreatWhiteHunter Lovin' Life! Supporter

Oddometer:
    We need links to the pages!
  6. motominimalist

motominimalist Ciri Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, if you plan to ride anywhere near Pittsburgh, and you should need anything at all, let me know.
  7. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can give you leads on luggage racks available now if you still need. Then just get 30L sw motech sys bags that are available and clip onto Harley rack. IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
  8. riddare

riddare Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you want to do something bad enough you`ll find a way. If not a excuse. Soft luggage is out there in droves. KISS is sometimes the best prep for doing things. Good luck and the heck with help from Harley Davidson. If sincere you can get donations from fellow riders if you set up a legit charity account. Good luck you can make it happen.