1st-rate treatment at Corbin

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Baldy, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Baldy

Baldy Founder of ADV Administrator

Oddometer:
    Rode in a deluge to the Corbin factory this a.m. to get a custom saddle made for the KLR650 we're takin' to Baja in two weeks. The standard Corbin drops the height 1.5" which we didn't want, so I elected to ride there and have them custom fit me.

Talk about a class act. The place is spotless, with cool-looking bikes like Nortons in the showroom. Their cafe is right next to the place they fit your bike, so you look through a plate-glass window from your soft booth while they work and you eat complimentary breakfast.

You get to choose seat height, shape, materials, colors... The whole thing took 2.5 hours and the final product is outstanding, all for $199, including shipping my old seat home without charge.

Gotta get a custom heated one for the upcoming GS Adventure and next winter's expedition to the Arctic sea. Don't need a cold tush there.
  2. stevenknapp

stevenknapp Long timer

Oddometer:
    It would seem that showing up in person gets you a very different level of service than doing mail order *or* meeting up with them at a Cycle-World Motorcycle Show.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.
  3. Marc

Marc Just sayin...

Oddometer:
    They just recognized the name as an Icon in the motorcycling universe and gave him the "VIP treatment". From what I've read, if you deal with them via mail, e-mail, or telephone, you'd better have a lot of patience.

I've read so many bad reports about these guys, I just went to Russell. No first-hand experience, just a lot of bad second-hand warnings.

Marc
  4. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    You hit the nail on the head Steve.

I have had two Corbins made for me during factory visits. They treat you like a god, wait on you hand and foot. tours, food, waiting areas and cool show room bikes. About the only thing missing were sexual favors.

You can take the rough shaped saddle out for a test ride each time you have them shave it a little. By time you are done it is a perfect fit for your ass.

When you talk to the Corbin mail order crowd, wow! nothing but complaints. It is not hard to tell why after having them make you one at the factory. It takes a lot of personal trial and fit time by their staff to get it just right. Even to get it to fit on the bike takes them time. There is no way they could do this correctly without your bike there.