1st Solo Rip, Remote SE Oregon, & a Drone - Updated w/ Drone Vid

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by liv2day, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @liv2day,
    I just finished reading your RR. What a great trip and report. The drone vids are spectacular. Thank you for your effort.

BTW, did you go to the Parumph Rally in ‘17 ?
  2. liv2day

liv2day Is Anyone Here a Marine Biologist! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks @Bike Guy, appreciate the kind words! I'm looking forward to getting back out there, sans flats this time :lol3 :lol3

Haven't been to the Parumph Rally before, haven't had a chance to ride that far south in NV yet (though I did do a trip in Death Valley a few years ago). Imagine it's a great time, think I've read a report or two from folks who have been there :thumb
  3. BCBackRoads

BCBackRoads Travels with Gumby

Oddometer:
    I'm glad this one got bumped up. I really enjoyed your RR. The drone footage really gave some perspective. And Kudos for the editing and soundtrack on your videos. Thanks for posting.

Wayne
  4. liv2day

liv2day Is Anyone Here a Marine Biologist! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks @BCBackRoads aka Wayne, really appreciate it! I've enjoyed so many ride reports on this forum, it's good to have one that peeps enjoy and read stemming from my adventure.

I'm planning to do a repeat of this ride this summer, likely longer with tracks into NV; might even get to post my 2nd Epic ride report as I'm hoping to ride 7 or more days. And now that I've learned that packing the Mavic on the bike is not good for longevity (doh...lol), I'll have more drone footage mixed in with the helmet cam stuff :-)

This part of Oregon is something special, at least for nutballs like us who like open spaces, not many people, and miles of tracks to explore. Wish it wasn't so damn cold out there now, wouldn't mind heading out for a long weekend.

Keep the knobby side down :D
    Lior520 likes this.