2 Aussies, 2 bikes and a 3 month lap of USA!

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Terry & Janelle, Feb 4, 2017.

1. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Peter I bought you a Battery Tender Jr for the bike and will be wiring a BT tail direct to the battery.
  2. Peter640

Peter640 Peter 640

Oddometer:
    Thanks buddy ... Merry Xmas to your and Mrs T ...

Will give you a buzz in NY once back from the beach!

Oz.jpg
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  3. Terry & Janelle

Terry & Janelle Two Aussie riders planning a 3 month tour of USA

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year to all of you.
    And especially our friends in USA.
    We're coming to visit you this year!

View attachment 1066941

Attached Files:

WJBertrand, Motorius and Hi-De-Ho like this.
  4. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bring a ‘roo or two with ya!
    Hi-De-Ho and Terry & Janelle like this.
  5. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Still half hour away from New Year in California
  6. Pete Pleban

Pete Pleban WOW-ser

Oddometer:
    T and J , Been a member for awhile but been busy as can be,,, as I don't post much but will as days/weeks come about. Anyway congrats on your upcoming trip. I wanted to offer a USA welcome to you both for a nite or two free camping stay at our new campground just East of Yellowstone. I just built it last winter and this spring will be our 2nd season. We cater to motorcyclists but are open to all travelers whether by 2, 4 or 18 wheels. We have 10 nicely furnished sleep only cabins, ample tenting area by a mountain stream, a fire pit, massage chairs in the brand new bath house , lite refreshments , and just 14 miles from Cody ,Wy and minutes away from some pretty awesome riding. Summer is our busy season ( ca-ching) so if you need a cushy bed ,,, the boss sez ya gotta fork up , but if your camping, I'll comp your stay. Hope to see ya, Pete and Laura at wowmccg.com
    boatpuller, Hi-De-Ho and Motorius like this.
  7. Terry & Janelle

Oddometer:
    Hi Pete and Laura. Wow! And we were just talking about camping at Yellowstone.
    Thanks you so very much and can I accept your offer with much gratitude. Geez, we might even fork out for a cabin, but mark us down for camping at the very least.

We've only a very rough idea of dates at the moment, but I expect we'll be heading your direction around the middle of August. Can I leave it at that for now and we'll be in touch when we have a better idea?

Cheers from Downunder.

T&J
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  8. Pete Pleban

Pete Pleban WOW-ser

Oddometer:
    That is totally awesome, We have plenty of camping spots so no worry on that. just travel safe and sound. Yellowstone books up early ( if not already) and sad to say ,,,,, expensive. We are 40 miles east of the east gate entrance. And 40 gorgeous miles. Yellowstone gets close to 4 million guests a year. Thats Four million, . August , a busy month , but the nicest. For biking, I prefer mid Sept, but its all fun, just expect traffic at times. And Buffalo. Lots of our guests used our place as a hub and did several day trips from here. Yellowstone/Tetons to the west, Beartooths to the North, Big Horns to the east, City of Historic Cody just 14 miles away. Gotta love it,,,,. Our Cabins are booking up already tho. We are getting a lot of European bookings as word out is last fall we had great reviews from our oversea travelers. We have our own site and also book thru air bnb and Bookings.com. Don't want to turn this into a commercial but rather as a gracias invite. I will be redoing our website soon as I will be adding a couple motorcycle day tours up thru the Beartooth Mtn range. Its about a 200 mile loop from our place and fun fun fun ride. All in all, we're working on a couple of other things for our establishment that will bring joy and remembrance to your visit. Keep us in tune. New site postings on our web should be up by late Jan. Cheers!
    Motorius and Hi-De-Ho like this.
  9. Terry & Janelle

Oddometer:
    Gotta love it indeed.
    We are so there!!
    I'll contact you through your website when it's sorted.

May awesome Karma find you.

:)
  10. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I haven't read every post in this thread so may have missed it but if you have ANY (I mean the slightest 'any') interest in museums, you should budget a day to check out the Buffalo Bill Museum (really 5 museums in one) in Cody. Until you've been there, you can't really appreciate how one day is not nearly sufficient to check it out.

https://centerofthewest.org/
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  11. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  12. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Passing through Los Angeles you MUST ride to Newcombs Ranch Inn on Hwy 2 on Saturday or Sunday.
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  13. Terry & Janelle

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this Jonz.
    Barber Motorsport museum is already on our plans.
    Tell us more about Buffalo Bill Museum? As our time is so limited I'm not sure about a couple of days downtime on USA history?
    Convince us?
    Remember we come from a culture where we don't have guns. Yes really.

And James.. . Why Newcombs Ranch on a weekend?
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  14. Hi-De-Ho

Hi-De-Ho Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
    T&J, if you are not really into guns (as I am not into them either), there is still a lot of history in the Buffalo Bill Museum.

It is right there in Cody, WY., only a few short miles from the WOWMCG campgrounds that you were talking to Pete about yesterday.

The firearms museum, shows several centuries of firearms from all over the world. That in itself is quite historical.
    The museum has a LOT of works of art, pictures, paintings, and sculptures, including several cast bronze Remington works.

It is an excellent place to spend ONE down day, in the Cody, WY area.
    houndawgg and Terry & Janelle like this.
  15. Terry & Janelle

Oddometer:
    Thanks. We'll put it on the list and see how our time goes.

I get guns, I'm actually former military (2nd Cavalry) so it's not guns as such. It's the unfathomable gun culture. Thats all I want to say on the subject.
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  16. pceire32

pceire32 Irish Supporter

Oddometer:
    Newcombs Ranch & the Rockstore are the motorcycle gatherings in the LA area on the weekends.
    Like the Inline4 in Victoria or the Ace Cafe in London. Both have a great twisty rides to get to them.
    I prefer the Rockstore but both are good. Ride Safe.
  17. Terry & Janelle

Oddometer:
    Excellent. Thanks. We'll put it on the itinerary.
  18. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    We prefer Newcombs as it’s in Angeles National Forest. There are no homes or other commercial interests...... Newcombs is Grandfathered in. You don’t pass any homes or business on Hwy 2 for 75 miles of glorious Ridge riding beauty. At the eastern end there is Wrightwood...a pretty mountain town with bars, motels and eating places. At the western end it’s City, although quite quaint at the beginning.
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  19. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    It's 5 museums in one. One wing is the Buffalo Bill section - he was a colorful character and the collection of historical photos of his Wild West show is good. Another wing covers guns which started the whole museum with the donation of Colt revolvers and expanded from there. There is a natural history of the area which will give you a great introduction to the Yellowstone area and animals. The Western Art wing is amazing - I'm not really an art museum person but this was awesome. And there is a great wing dedicated to the plains Indians. I spent most of a day there with my wife which wore her out. I went back to finish off the museum the next morning and had to quit (at my wife's urging) around noon before I was finished.

As a side benefit, there is a Sierra Trading Post store across the street. They have a great selection of outdoor gear and some of the prices are really good should you need any camping gear. Well, really even if you don't NEED it I usually find myself finding some piece of gear I just can't live without.

The Irma Hotel has a pretty good restaurant and it's a historical hotel that Buffalo Bill started. Worth having a meal there.
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  20. Terry & Janelle

Oddometer:

It sure sounds worth the visit huh? Thanks for all that. We'll certainly check it out!
    jonz and Hi-De-Ho like this.