2 Canucks, 2 KTM's and 2 Weeks in Baja

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Mud Bucket, Apr 12, 2018.

1. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I follow most of the Baja reports and I have to say I've never seen anyone pay what you two did for accommodation. Wow!

Still, great trip and photos. Thanks for the ride. 20-30 cm of snow coming later today.
  2. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Much agree with you RedDog have done many Mexico rides and never or would I pay those room rates. And like you said great trip and ride. If you have not done Baja? Please DO. Straight south and an easy drive for you. TWICE as far for me.
    RedDogAlberta likes this.
  3. Mud Bucket

Mud Bucket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, along the pacific side after Santa Rosalillita then head on the gravel roads north to the beaches. I saw a good sized camper parked there
  4. Mud Bucket

Oddometer:
    Room rates were pricey at those 2 locations. Scorpion bay and Mike's Sky ranch. Every where else was cheap. After a long ride nothing was better than Scorpion bay! They have a nice set up.
  5. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    My step-sister and her hubby just bought a winter home in El Centro, California. Literally last week as they take their fifth wheel to the desert every winter. Now they'll have a home there ten miles from Mexico. This opens a world of possibilities for me. I've always been a desert hound.
  6. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Next November my wife and I start what I hope will be many winters in Baja. Keep an eye out for small toy wagon on a beach ( my wife loves beaches and the sounds of oceans). I’ll be on a tinkered with WR250R. They perfect weapon for Baja.
    liv2day likes this.
  7. Mud Bucket

Oddometer:
    I also have a WR250R, with the safari tank the range is perfect for Baja. More beaches to plunk down a cheap camper with some clearance modifications. I didn't report on my last trip from earlier this year. 4 of us went down and explored further south. We have another trip planned for this coming spring. I want spring to hurry up.... I'll be bringing a new KTM 790R. I am excited about its fuel range for this trip.
    liv2day likes this.
  8. crashkorolyk

crashkorolyk just happy to ride

Oddometer:
    Brilliant R.R. and pictures,great to see fellow Canucks contribute to this forum.Brought back great memories from years ago,can`t wait to go back now.Thanks for sharing your adventures!
    Mud Bucket likes this.