2 Dirtbags do Morocco

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Eastbay Dirtbag, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Eastbay Dirtbag

Eastbay Dirtbag one track mind

Oddometer:
    Thanks to everyone for the reassuring comments. This RR did not generate as much interest as some of my other ones, but the small audience was enthusiastic!
    Wei Feng, roadcapDen, NSFW and 4 others like this.
  2. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    West of the Illinois, heart of the state!
    Thanks!
  3. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    I read it too, thanks.
  4. Slickrick

Slickrick Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Great ride report
  5. MrBob

MrBob On a whim Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your trip - from one foodie to another. What kind of pricing were you encountering for lodging? Were there more modest accommodations available?
    Before I shuffle off this mortal coil I hope to attend the Sacred Music Festival in Fez.

https://www.fez-riads.com/fes-festival-of-world-sacred-music/
  6. Cali Native

Cali Native Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed your efficient writing and great photos. I took my family to Marrakesh 10 years ago and was taken by the seemingly ancient way of life for so many. The early morning calls to prayer keep the exotic vibe burning strong.
    Quick aside on Idaho, we had a beautiful home in Coeurs d Alene for 10 years and sold it a couple years ago which i regret now as California is a run away train wreck in the making imo
    Thanks so much!
  7. Ducatijim

Ducatijim Hopeless Poseuer! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic, thank you for sharing .
  8. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    Two Thumbs Up!
  9. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, MICN Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed it!

Tahoe
  10. tomcat9

tomcat9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for writing it up. It reminded me of the good times we had in 2017 in Morocco ourselves. We went in the fall and the weather was really good, sometimes a little hot.
    When I read your RR I thought maybe write one of my own, but then I remembered - my english should be better :D and I forgot the little daily details.
    So, thank you for bringing all the memories back to life!
  11. Aviador

Aviador Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brilliant ride report, mate. Enyoyed it a lot. Looking forward to travel down to Morocco in a couple of months as soon as they re-open the border.
  12. JuddS

JuddS Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you for posting. I can also concur that Morocco is one of the greatest in the world for a trip like this. I did 3 weeks in 2018 with a wonderful French Moroccan woman I met on the road and got the full tour by a local. I'm at about 80 countries by now and Morocco is absolutely at the top of the list along with Colombia. For those considering an international trip, I could not more enthusiastically recommend Morocco. I've yet to check out Albania or the "stan's" and hear they are also top of the list. I'm looking forward to doing them all soon!

Great report and thank you for taking the time to post.
  13. jstruman

jstruman AZCITGRWR

Oddometer:
    Mahalo mucho for taking the time to write this RR. Great job with the fotos and comments. Reminded me very much of our route in 1984 in a VW combi for about three weeks. Loved Morocco and hope to return. Your recent trip enhances courage to get after international travel after this covid issue.
  14. Eastbay Dirtbag

Eastbay Dirtbag one track mind

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. The appeal of Morocco is not the riding, at least not where we went. (Although I thoroughly enjoyed one of the last days the mountains.) We took few photos on the road. The appeal is the culture, people, food, etc.

Because we used a tour company, we did not see the prices for the hotels or most of the meals. It was part of the package cost. I assume there are more modest hotels available in some areas. In other areas, the options might be limited.
    NSFW and MrBob like this.
  15. Essbee

Essbee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome awesome RR with stunning photos! The decor in those remote rural areas is beautiful. I love their taste for blending colours like that.

Say, those triangular shaped pastry thingys....here in South Africa they're called "samoosa/s". Here they're from our asian influence, namely Indian and Malaysian. I think us SAfricans of European descent love them more than the Indians LOL!

Thanks for sharing, your efforts are appreciated.
  16. danh600

danh600 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow. Amazing pictures.

Thank you.
  17. wrtom

wrtom n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you for this excellent ride report! I was planning to go on a hike in Morocco last year, but the pandemic got in the way... Seeing your report changed my mind -- now Morocco is on the list for a bike tour with my wife :) I'll brush up on my French, and I guess learn some basic phrases in Arabic. Loved your photos and description -- thanks!
  18. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just WOW!!

I will probably never have the chance to go to Morocco in person but thank you for taking me along!!

Just Amazing!!
  19. Adventurebiker1

Adventurebiker1 Cambodia 2000

Oddometer:
    I toured around Morocco 23 years ago via public busses and trains. It is a fantastic country to visit. The country inspired me to get an adventure bike and ride through over 40 countries, though not Morocco. I recommend everyone add it to their bucket list.
  20. Lowrider49

Lowrider49 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I spent 15 months in the Middle East in 75/76 but never made it to Morocco...thanks from ID for sharing a wonderful trip!!