2 new BEEMERS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by dbsbmr, Feb 21, 2005.

1. dbsbmr

dbsbmr ADVENTURE MAN

Oddometer:
    yep, they're coming..a new 1200 GS ADV and a new GS1200 HP..check out the brit mag rag TWO and they show a picture of them..read it and weep for those who bought too early...can't imagine what kind of sheckels they will bring being our dollar sucks against everyone else's..thanks W.
  2. daotoys1

daotoys1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why dont you put some photos where ypur :freaky :deal :lol3 :wink: mouth is....( only kidding)....but, some photos to prove your statements would be greatly appreciated by us folk live in the wild west out here....
  3. Texmoto1

Texmoto1 Adventure Berzerker

Oddometer:
    If there isnt a link, find a scanner and put it on here!
  4. rideLD

rideLD The further the better!

Oddometer:
    Let me guess. Another picture if Jimmy Lewis's one-off bike that will never be mass-produced in our life time?

The rumor network and the dealers are saying that the HP is a street bike with 17" wheels, and the Adventure is a pipe dream, at least for 2006. :super

I don't think there will be any R12GS owners weeping. Last time I checked they were all grinning:D

The UK moto press has been notorious for getting it wrong on the rumors. At least as long as I can remember.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but not likely.
  5. dbsbmr

dbsbmr ADVENTURE MAN

Oddometer:
    it's the MARCH issue of TWO with a GREAT ARTICLE BTW on one of their writers doing the DAKAR. You should buy it just for that...the blurp about the bwm's is about pages 30 or so near the front in the 'NEW' section..the mag is only 5 bucks
  6. TRitt

TRitt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good God .... What an empty ended post. At least hit the high points of the article or don't bother postin ......
  7. dbsbmr

dbsbmr ADVENTURE MAN

Oddometer:
    ok, ok. BTW the blurp is on page 007 of the aforemetioned mag. The article didn't say anything new that I have not heard before other then both will be out by the end of the year. Done Deal. The new 1200 ADV will be a badder, bigger version then the 1150 and way more expensive. The HP version of the 1200GS will be more oriented toward 'dirt' riding (but didn't say how or why) and eluded to the fact that BMW may be aiming back towards Dakar in 2006! I couldn't figure out and the piece didn't say HOW they were going to loose more weight and make the bike more dirt friendly, but as they stay tuned. Feel Better?
  8. gratefulJED

gratefulJED long strange tripper Supporter

Oddometer:
    What did the article say about W screwing up the exchange rate?? :ear
  9. dbsbmr

dbsbmr ADVENTURE MAN

Oddometer:
    nothing, that was me editorializing...but it's true...haven't you noticed that our dollar even sucks against the canadian dollar these days!!!
  10. kiwiAdventure

kiwiAdventure Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put the photo's on the site
  11. Mike Werner

Mike Werner Cloggy amongst Frogs

Oddometer:
    Not only loose weight, but loose half of their cc's... Dakar only allows 650s.

But, the 1200GSA will see the light this year, that's for sure, for sale 2006.

The HP is going to be a streetversion of the GS, a la supermotard bikes. Should have some pics within a few weeks...
  12. JollyQuick

JollyQuick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Screwing it up? Are you kidding? A lower dollar is a boon to America and a bane to the EU. You can thank Mr. Greenspan for buoying up the US economy on the back of the non-USD benchmarked economies. This translates directly into increased domestic spending and US exports, which of course means Uncle Sugar gets a little stronger so uncle Jethro gets to keep his job at the widget factory--Tiny Tim gets some new crutches for Christmas etc. Brilliant. As much as folks would like to credit or curse "W" for the current state of the USD I'm afraid you've missed the mark.

Of course the downside is anything imported is more expensive and folks that live overseas (such as myself) take a hit in the wallet. Just means you have to pass on that extra bottle of Wein fuer Arsch Leckin and go for some good old made in America Ripple :lol3

JQ
  13. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    Sure, and that's why our balance of trade deficit is at a new record. Not meaning to hijack this thread, but the dollar is stupidly weak and will get weaker due to poor federal policy. My prediction: gasoline will crest $3 per gallon this year.
  14. kiwiAdventure

kiwiAdventure Long timer

Oddometer:
    You dollar is going to go lower. It is where it should be if you want growth and export. Join the real world. :1drink
  15. priller

priller -

Oddometer:
    you need to finance that war 'w' started for dick cheney and halliburton, don't you? now you all are gonna ride harleys. no more movies with liz hurley (who is more up to my taste than harley). british girl - too expensive.
  16. Slice

Slice words+pix+wood+bikes

Oddometer:
    Photos, pleeze. Of bikes, not bush.
  17. Nailhead

Nailhead Inclusion Rider

Oddometer:
    TWO?! What the hell is TWO for shit's sake? I'm in Wyoming-- if it ain't in TV Guide, I'm not going to see it. How about a photo posted at the very least?
    - Chris
  18. JollyQuick

JollyQuick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My hijacking apologies...

However, the majority of the world is paying $4.00 plus for a gallon of gas. The US populace has demanded the government not raise fuel taxes for years. For some reason Americans (I'm guilty) gauge the health of their economy on how high gas prices are. It's a false indicator that the US has little to no control over.

Last time I was in Vienna I happened to strike up a conversation with a council member of OPEC (in a bar no less). His opinion was pretty hardline. "The world will pay what we tell them to pay [for oil] and there's nothing you can do about it."

The problem is basic education in world economics. We American's are wonderfully insulated when it comes to basic issues like currency fluctuations. To Uncle Bubba the dollar he spent yesterday is the same dollar he's going to spend tomorrow so it's difficult to understand what inflation is and why its so incredible that the US is complaining about gas prices that the Europeans were paying back in the 70's and would LOVE to have back...

JQ
  19. Schtum

Schtum Free Genie

Oddometer:
    Amen to that. The UK average price of gas is currently $6.24 per US gallon and the only direction that's headed is upwards.... :eek1
  20. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    Enough with the politics, or it's off to Jo Momma! :deal