2 Texans to Alaska (and back)...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by jglow, Mar 14, 2011.

1. rapiti

rapiti IOR Veteran

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Jordan & Nikki!
  2. xcountry41

xcountry41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Almost blasphemy,
    especially now Wendy's is back out of the picture.
    They may have run into a few problems due to huge popularity and growing fast. One of the best sorta healthy fast food choices available on the road country wide IMHO. You're in the counter culture capital of the world in Nelson though so not surprising. I'm more left than most Albertans and envy you living in the Kootenays but have to say the new Tims in Creston is a very welcome addition during an epic home to Edmonton after skiing Whitewater all day. for staying awake on the road it's high test coffee and it's quick and consistant. In Alberta they seem to be a gathering place for all sorts of motorcyclists. Now back to the real reason we're here.
  3. roadchick

roadchick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I woke up way too early this morning and wondered what I'd do till daylight arrives and my 3 day weekend....happened upon your ride report...Awesome!! :clap:clapLoved every bit of it!!! My boyfriend and I and our great riding buddies, Chris and Annie, are heading to Alaska this July on a wee and a vee, so seeing you 2-up on the wee was very inspiring! I'm loving my wee and can't wait to start our journey!!!

Jordan....you have quite a way with a ride report...looking forward to your next trip!

If you have any troubles in the San Francisco area (we're 40 minutes away)...give a shout and we'd be glad to help you out in any way.

[​IMG]
  4. Charrito

Charrito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We might just see you all up there...we're leaving from Dallas on 7/1.
  5. jglow

jglow Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer:

Hey there
    roadchick :wavethank you very much for the kind words...You guys will love your trip up to Alaska, and will have many stories to tell as well (don't forget to fill us in with a RR when you return :wink:).

Jordan
  6. roadchick

roadchick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We'll have to look for you along the way!! :clap:clap
  7. Pr0xy

Pr0xy Shreddin' the gnar

Oddometer:
    FANTASTIC report.

I've been to many of the places you visited, but by car and mostly when I was in high school as my parents would take us on family road trips (we saw the entire lower 48 via a Chevy Suburban over a few year period).

Now I want to experience them from inside a helmet... where you can feel the temperature changes, smell the scents, and really experience the diversity of the land.

You guys definitely took full advantage of an opportunity that few have, or seem to realize they have.
  8. Makalu

Makalu Long timer

Oddometer:
    Heading to bed early tonight at midnight....maybe I'll check out the RR's real quick before I log out.....just finished reading your entire trip report. Awesome job, mate, and thanks for posting it.:clap
  9. MikeN

MikeN Ridemaster

Oddometer:
    Great report and pics! :thumb

First people I know that live in Lowry Crossing too! I'm in Allen, but go out that way going on rides NE. :wink:
  10. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    Wonderful report on a great trip! Many thanks for taking us along. :D
  11. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome ride report you two, thanks for sharing! I'm not the marrying type at this point in my life but if I find one that enjoys two wheeled adventures as much a Nikki seems to, that may just change:D.

I'm glad the Wee served you so well, the last drop looked like it wasn't napping but more like passed out.
  12. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great ride report!

I especially love that you used the different font style and size... made it really easy to scroll through to read YOUR ride report:clap:clap
  13. nhbubba

nhbubba Internet Tough Guy

Oddometer:
    Just read this front to back in 3 sittings in one day. Thank you SO much for posting it. The narration and story-telling here alone is epic, the photography cranks it up a notch or two, or seven.

Would love to hoist a beer with you someday and hear more of this story someday.

My GF (soon to be wife) and I took off on a (car, I know, I know) road trip and hit some of the same spots ya'll did when we were first out of school. She's a few years younger than I, so I had to borrow time from my very understanding, but brand new boss. My better half took the time after she graduated but before she started full-time work. I am so glad we made the opportunity to make that trip. We did kind of like you; lots of camping with a few nights of hotel/motel life mixed in here and there. Lots of cooking on a camp stove and eating cold-cuts out of the back seat of the car. (Okay, we had it a little easier than you!)

I guess the moral of this post-and I'm sure you'd agree-is that if there's anyone out there reading this on the edge regarding a trip like this. DO IT! Find a way and DO IT! Life sneaks up on you and before you know it you have responsibilities you just can't get away from. If the opportunity presents itself, do not let it pass.

Anyhow. Thanks for the superb read.
  14. Strider1520

Strider1520 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a GREAT read report. The only problem with it was I found it so late last night and finally pushed myself away at 2:00 am this morning.... :lurk

Awesome write up and pictures were fantastic. Glad it was a safe trip for you and Nikki. WOW! That is what riding is ALL about.

I have put 102,000 miles on my present cruiser but am looking at a Wee as a stablemate - mainly for the same trip you just made! I really want to do the Dalton. Your ride report gave me the "itch" again - real bad. Thanks!!!!!!!!

GREAT REPORT!!!!!!
    :wings:wings:wings
  15. GrauTier

GrauTier Unmitigated nOOb

Oddometer:
    Thanks for takign the time to share!
  16. nhbubba

nhbubba Internet Tough Guy

Oddometer:
    One more comment: Really digging the suspenders! :thumb
  17. Ockrocket

Ockrocket Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amazing :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Cheers to you both [wish my Mrs. was that keen on travelling on the back of the bike].

:freaky
  18. PinkPillion

PinkPillion Husqy pilot too...

Oddometer:
    Super Brilliant Bitchen report!! Awesome pics and storytelling too. Thanks for sharing your journey. :clap
  19. Asatrur

Asatrur KLR adv rider

Oddometer:
    I gotta ask, what does one do in a town of 865 for a living? Great RR by the way. I always wanted to do Alaska with my late father, but never happened before cancer took him. Some day I want to do the ride with his ashes.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
  20. jglow

jglow Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer:

I own a small Industrial Painting Company and luckily I am only a stone's throw outside the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Jordan