2000 gas gas txt 321?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by bohica53, Oct 2, 2020.

1. motobene

motobene Motoing for 49 years Supporter

Oddometer:
    I remember Ryan Young's rides on Aprillia. His skinny body could hop one around amazingly. I also saw him using the brutal power to good effect, jumping clear over a huge slab and out the section exit :pynd while Jonny Anderson had to go around a difficult spot on the 4T Honda, for a dab and 2nd place. Very impressive!

I had a friend with one. Gosh I hated working on his USD forks every time they'd start in with a new leak, which seemed to favor the brake caliper side and wipe out the already weak front brakes :dirtdog... again.
  2. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    I can attest to that (wiping out the weak front brake).
  3. motobene

Oddometer:
    I'm glad the foray into USD forks in trials was brief. I find USD forks a pain in off road bikes too as they make opening up the steering degrees to something reasonable much harder what with the huge triple clamps and FAT fork tubes around the steering head.

I managed to get just enough out of the Beta to turn a tight arc. Now were planning something on the older steel frame YZ450F, but that will require moving the CDI unit somehow:nah
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    My suspension guy has always said that a pair of high quality 48mm conventional forks, would be the ideal for off road applications.
  5. motobene

Oddometer:
    Your suspension guy knows what few realize!

I just did a modification stint for a friend, for fun, with a crusty old WR450F mentioned above. The results have been so far excellent in performance. Can't argue with that. The particular older KYB USD forks did offer the advantage compression rebounding 2nd iteration of valving by turning the USD forks USD and simply popping out the 'bottom valves', but that same design approach could be done with RSU forks. And we will eventually get the steering degrees opened up to be able to turn tighter, but it's still a pain from the fat stuff being up top.

Not exactly TXT, but a fun diversion, perhaps:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/race...al-valving-brilliance-yz450f-example.1465169/
  6. mung

mung Long timer

Oddometer:
    Best off road forks I have ever had are the 50 mm Marzzochi RSU forks that are on my 604 CCM. They are plusher and can take more abuse than anything I have tried. My KTM blue 200 also has the 50mm forks. The 45 mm zokes are also very good. Had them on my dunes bikes and were also plush in the rocks but still good in huge sand whoops.