2000kms in 2 days!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mr.V-Strom, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Mr.V-Strom

Mr.V-Strom Banned

Oddometer:
    Hello All,
    I just had the most epic weekend! August long, not a great weekend to try and get a room last minute! (Didn't see that one coming!)

Day #1: Just installed my new crash bars from SW Motech the evening before, only to test them out the next morning!. A little anxious, tired and nervous, I leaned over to far to one side putting on a bungy cord and over I went. (IDIOT!, never do that again):cry . Needless to say I am now the biggest fan of crash bars, just a few scratches, the trip would have been over without them!!!!

Left Calgary Saturday at 5:30am, headed south on the 22 to the Crowsnest Pass, then down to Fernie, south over to Cranbrook. (If you ever have a problem and need to check in with the local Suzuki dealer in town, you'll be waiting for a very long time, they were so understaffed, but did their best to accomodate given the long weekend.) Creston to Kootney Bay (DH1, sickest road I've ever travelled, I hear the view is nice too.:lol3 ) Once in Kootney Bay, (by the way, the ferries are now first come first serve. It is no longer first on first off. The problem with that is now, you have all these motorcycles doing 15 car passes right off the ferry! Myself included.:wink: I had to wait 3 ferries to get on!.) From Balfour to Kaslo, (I now know where all the hippies in Canada reside). Then took the epic DH5 to New Denver, over to Nakusp up to Galena Bay, (didn't have to wait long there). (Hooked up with a seasoned vet riding a Road King that would give any Blackbird a run for its money, his bike was SICK!, I wasn't a Harley fan until this weekend). (We ended up riding the rest of the trip together, and thanks to him I had a place to stay in Sicamous otherwise I would have been sleeping on the side of the road.) Up to Revelstoke, down to Sicamous. End of Day #1.

Day#2: Started off over to Kamloops, up the Yellowhead to Valemont, (quiet little town with nothing going on!) Over to Jasper, down the 93, (God bless the Columbia ice field, we are so lucky to have that in our back yard! some amazing twisties!). To Lake Louise, then home to Calgary.

All on my 2006 DL1000. I have nothing but great things to say about this bike! I would put the acceleration, handling and comfort up against any other bike in it's class. This bike was built for the iron butt! There are some minor adjustments that I will make in the future, but for my first road trip, I was pretty happy! Cannot wait for the next one! :freaky
    Thanks again Harry!!