1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 2001 Harley Davidson Sportster / Flat Track / Hooligan / $5k / Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Chewbacca, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bike: 2001 Harley Davidson Sportster / Purple / ~14,000 miles / Odometer Exempt / Clean Wisconsin Title

Price/ Location: $5,000 OBO. Located in Madison, Wisconsin.

Video:
    Pictures:
    Transaction Details:
    • Cashiers Check preferred. Cash accepted.
    • No test drives without cash in hand. Test drives will occur in a public location/ large parking lot.
    The story: during quarantine, I found this bike and couldn’t help myself. An employee at S&S had recently restored a 2001 883 Evolutions Sportster to tracker/ hooligan glory. He put on basically every part I would have purchased myself for a Sportster build and had the added benefit of having S&S professionals install the 1200cc conversion kit and tune the carb for all of the mods. I picked it up, modified it slightly for my preferences, and enjoyed the ultimate joyride bike.

Why I’m selling: I bought a house! I have a ton of projects that I want to redirect money into. This means going down to one bike so unfortunately, this is on the block.

The good: all the important stuff has been upgraded. This handles, breaks, and goes better than 99% of Evo Sportsters out there. The critical work was done by S&S themselves. The bike rides great and is everything you’re looking for if this is your kind of bike. Check out the following links for proof that this was indeed an S&S employee bike.

The bad: right now there is no speedometer/ odometer. The front turn signals don’t “blink”. There are no rear turn signals. These are all somewhat annoying projects but easy enough to fix. My plan was to get this sorted but now I’m moving on.

Parts breakdown:
    • S&S Cycle 1200cc conversion kit
    • S&S race stealth air cleaner kit with mini teardrop cover
    • S&S high 2:2 race pipe
    • Stock cv carb tuned for performance mods
    • Progressive 14” 970 series piggyback rear shocks
    • Progressive fork springs kit in front
    • Trackerdie 2” longer damper rods
    • Traderdie chain conversion kit and front sprocket cover
    • Lyndall rotors and pads front and rear
    • Biltwell risers
    • Biltwell tracker bar
    • Biltwell banana seat
    • Burly brand pegs
    • Speed Kings LED headlight
    • Roland Sands Design front fork brace
    • New battery 2020
    • One Finger clutch
    • Motone customs Monzagas cap
    • Motone customers LED tail light
    • Lowbrow Customs tsunami fender
    Extra parts to add if you make the sale easy:
    • Rusty butcher handlebars (higher rise)
    • Thrashin Supply handlebar bag
    • High powered LED load resistors (to fix non-flashing turn signal issue)
    • Stock mirrors
    • Biltwell cafe mirror
    Let me know what questions you have. I can always take a closer picture/ video of something specific.

Cheers!
  2. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, that bike is just begging for a blacked out motor!! Looks like it would be a blast to ride!

Do you have a front fender for it?

GLWS.
  3. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yea I could see murdering out every other part to go with the theme. The mix is pretty nice in person though.

It is a blast to ride. A pretty perfect joyride bike IMO.

No front fender for it.

Cheers!
  4. El Lobo Loco

El Lobo Loco No matter where you go, there you are!

Oddometer:
    In your video it appears that there was either a stress crack forming in in the rear section of the heat shield or that had been broken and repaired. Am I wrong? If not please address.

I'm seriously interested not just because your bike is pretty damn cool but also because I'd have to return to my beloved Madison, WI (after nearly 20 years an exile) to pick it up!

Go You Packers Go!
  5. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The heat shield on the exhaust, correct?

I will take a look and get some updated photos for you.

Madison is lovely this time of year :)
  6. El Lobo Loco

El Lobo Loco No matter where you go, there you are!

Oddometer:
    Yeah but I cannot/will not do a fly-&-ride until I am well COVID-19 vaccinated! So I might have to <sigh> have it shipped instead. Any hauler you'd recommend?

P.S. Has all the snow melted yet?
  7. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    El Lobo– feel free to send me a direct message to discuss haulers and weather.

For everyone else, 5-day bump.