2003/2004 upgrade to 2005

Discussion in 'KTM 950/990' started by barbasma, Dec 15, 2004.

1. motoman250f

motoman250f Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now this is supposed to stop the rattle at startup? Is this just a guess or a sure thing? also if the filter is getting clogged up that could be a fix for the oil light coming on at low idle when hot? That has been an issue that has been traced to the oil filter. Man somebody get a sticky with all this stuff in it!!
  2. gefr

gefr Life is a trip

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys but I have to mess up with your conclusions!! I used to have the start up rattling noise at the begining like everybody else in accordance with the low pressure warning light! The rattling stopped at a point with no reason that I know of!! The low pressure warning light used to come out during start up but now blinks very rarely when the motor is really hot. Hope it will be solved with after market Wing pipes (in conjunction with the excesive heat). Lately I had my clutch push rod replaced trying to fix the dragging clutch, with no result!!
  3. TipOver

TipOver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check the above thread. Good Luck...:eek1
    <!-- / message -->
  4. Don Lemelin

Don Lemelin Scuderia West

Oddometer:
    Hello all, Just back from the land down under, sorry I missed you K2M....

The newest part number for the oil back pressure valve (the offical name) is 60030090300 and has been superseded twice since the above number also requrires two clamps part number 00050226706
    The part number for the latest pushrod is 60032054400
    list prices are as follows
    rod $34.63
    valve $23.07
    clamps (ea.) $3.46
    BTW these parts are on all 2006 models including 950 US version
    We will try and get the parts up on the site asap.
    Cheers
  5. BigMac

BigMac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, I know what the clutch pushrod is and have installed a steel upgrade in place of the OEM Alloy unit. What, if any, benefit will be provided if I were to upgrade to the latest pushrod?

What the heck is the "oil back pressure valve"? Is this the check ball valve assembly between oil sump and oil pump? If so, what has been changed and what benefit will I enjoy w/said upgrade? If this is not the part, where is this valve located and what exact benefit is it providing? Thanks in advance Don.
  6. K2m

K2m ....58....

Oddometer:
    It was my fault. I should have replied to your e-mail sooner. I have a few industry friends that would have been happy to meet up with you. I had done the homework, but had stuffed up with the communication. I'm sure we will see you down this way again, and if possible try to spend a few days in Sydney. See Ya:D
  7. dedes (sas)

dedes (sas) Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Used to have the same rattling when the motor was hot and tried to start up (for example stop for refueling and when you start up....clank clank blinking blinking clank clank..........).
    I went to the dealer and they have changed (don't laught i don't know how you call it in English) the breath oil valve. The rattling stoped for about 6000km. Now....is here again......
  8. TipOver

TipOver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don Lemelin said:
    Hello all, Just back from the land down under, sorry I missed you K2M....

The newest part number for the oil back pressure valve (the offical name) is 60030090300 and has been superseded twice since the above number also requrires two clamps part number 00050226706
    The part number for the latest pushrod is 60032054400
    list prices are as follows
    rod $34.63
    valve $23.07
    clamps (ea.) $3.46
    BTW these parts are on all 2006 models including 950 US version
    We will try and get the parts up on the site asap.
    Cheers<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  9. Speedzter

Speedzter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any update on availabilty of the new clutch pushrod - part# 60032054400 ?
    Has anyone seen it yet ? Looking at the 950sm parts fiche, it appears to be a two piece design, with the head seperate to the rod.
  10. cpmodem

cpmodem Orange Caveman

Oddometer:
    masa yee yah tee 59° 14' 9" N / 135° 26' 42" W
    They're out there (I have one in my parts bin). I ordered it about a month ago and just haven't gotten around to installing it. I don't have any clutch problems, so I'm not very motivated to do it. Having too much fun riding it :nod
    -cp
  11. Swashplate

Swashplate LUV TO HVR

Oddometer:
    so my "05" has this downshifting problem:

slow to stop light and coast to stop light w/ gearbox in 3rd gear. Stop, downshift w/clutch in, tap or try to tap my shifter into 1st gear...clunk into 2nd...push harder...clunk into 1st.

or

riding along 5th gear at 55 try to tap gearbox into 4th..clunk...and the rest of the story for the other gears.

I have blipped the gas and that does help but only 30% to 40 % better.

It has been getting worse over the last 1000 miles of my 7000 mile bike.

I have checked my clutch res. looks good
    I have pulled my sprocket side of the 2 pc pushrod and it looks ok

BTW my local dealer here in Portsmouth, VA did have 2 LC8 mech's and the next closest dealer is 2 hrs away. I wonder if the dealer will cover the parts costs if I install them myself.

I bet I should suck up the cost of parts while my bike is still under warranty. But I don't need to waste money of parts I don't need.

Do need a "updated" pushrod? as listed by Don?

TIA,