Sold 2003 Pontiac Aztek

Discussion in 'Other' started by hardwaregrrl, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl ignore list Supporter

Oddometer:
    SOLD
    It’s time to move one. One owner 2003 Pontiac Aztek 198k. I bought this car at Hennessy in Jonesboro GA September of 2003. It’s taken me, my family, friends, dogs, children, firewood, motorcycles, wood flooring, all over the US and a bit of Canada. It’s let me down twice. Once was a fuel pump and the second was a starter. I was 2 miles from home and had one on the shelf. I will miss this car greatly but I need a 4WD in my life now. If money was no option I’d keep it.

The good, body and paint are in vg condition for a 16 year old car. Interior is in vg condition except for typical leather wear and a tear in the drivers seat side. All new cooling and AC components: compressor(Delphi)expansion valve, radiator, water pump. New coolant, trans filter and fluid, oil will need a change in 1500 miles. New starter, tires at about 50%. This car has only lived in atlanta so it’s rust free. Newer carpet due to sunroof overflows leaking so I also installed larger diameter tubing to allow more water out. New instrument cluster, new fuel pump and sender. New pads(ac delco) and rotors(power stop) aftermarket. I have the tech service manuals for an 01, most of it applies. I have some trim spares, new serpentine, 2 keys with fobs, it has a tow receiver class III, it has hud and steering wheels controls with rear controls.

If you don't know much about the Aztek it has a nice option of removal of the rear seats allowing full sheets of plywood or sheetrock to rest on the tailgate. I think the dimension is 50" wide and no wheel wells to deal with. Typical 3.4 GM motor and 4 speed trans. The AWD works, and almost rivals the Subaru. I've taken this thing down roads I shouldn't have. I've only been stuck once and nothing but a winch would've helped.....everyone was sliding. South Georgia clay during a hurricane.

The bad: it’s a 16 year old car. Has some denting on the hood, scratches here and there, tear on drivers seat side. Has a small oil leak, never hits the ground but mists under the engine. 2 of the trans pan bolts snapped off. No trans oil leak. Rear of car the trim is scratched and broken in a couple places. One cup holder in tailgate gone. Fuel gauge doesn’t work, hence the new cluster and pump and sender.....so it’s isolated to the harness as I’ve replaced the other 2 potential candidates in that equation. The nice thing about the cluster is the DIC which shows you how many gallons used, mpg, approximate mileage left in tank, so it's been easy to navigate along with the tripmeter. The steering wheel and rear controls do not do much with the new stereo....but I’m told there is a harness that will fully integrate them.
    If I remember anything else, I’ll post up. Feel free to ask questions.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.