1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Found 2004 BMW R1150R LEFT pannier Royal Oak, MI, USA

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by Detroitscooter, Jan 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detroitscooter

Detroitscooter n00b

Oddometer:
    It's always the left one, isn't it? PO of my new-to-me R1150R entrusted his son with the bike over the last year. The lad decided that a "shorty" LeoVince pipe would be just the ticket. He installed the slip on, installed the pannier over it (no one knows why) and experienced a thermal event that he only noticed when the poor latches ON THE COVER melted and opened the lid while the bike was moving. The dual failure was due to the exhaust coming into the bag from the exhaust pointed directly at it. I'm still cleaning the melty bag bits off the bike.
    So anyway, I'm looking for the very specific bag left that fits a 2004 R1150R with the standard exhaust (that I immediately put back on) with the large upswept exhaust cut out. GS ones will not work, (but maybe a Rockster?) I'm tired of the kids laughing at me with only the (huge) right side bag attached. Take pity on me and I'll gladly pay for your left side bag from your old bike (check the shed) or maybe a good idea. Thanks - I'm in Royal Oak, MI.

Attached Files:

SmittyBlackstone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.