1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

For sale 2004 KLR650 with tons of upgrades -$2400

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by rewsiffer, Jul 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. rewsiffer

rewsiffer n00b

Oddometer:
    For sale is my beloved 2004 KLR650 with 42500 miles. I love this bike, and she was my daily driver for years, but she hasn't gotten the attention she deserves the last couple years and I think it is time for her to find a new home. I put a TON of time and money into modding and maintaining her. As you can see from the pictures, she will win no beauty contests. I put most of my time into keeping her mechanically sound, but I think I was going for a mad max aesthetic :)

If you know anything about KLRs, you know they are solid bikes that run forever. I wouldn't hesitate to take her on a cross-country road trip today, and I have no doubt she will make someone happy for many years to come. She runs great and is still a joy to ride.

A couple years ago I removed the center stand, skid plate, and crash bars to lighten her up because I was doing more road riding. However, they are included and can easy be added again with a wrench. Also, I long ago removed the clutch and kickstand safety switches. I have have a bunch of gaskets and random KLR parts that are included.

Located in Portland, Oregon. To test ride, bring a helmet, a license with a motorcycle endorsement, and $500 collateral. I must note that since I haven't ridden her much in the past couple years, I let the registration and insurance lapse. I've ridden her a few times in the past couple weeks and haven't had any trouble, but be aware.

Mods/Accessories/Extras:
    - Doohickey
    - Thermobob
    - Custom Made Winged Seat (amazingly comfy, multiple cross-country trips were no problem)
    - Pelican Case
    - EBC 320mm Front Brake Rotor
    - SV650 Dual Piston Front Brake Caliper
    - Stainless Steel Front Brake cable
    - IMS 6.6 Gallon Tank
    - Brand New Yuasa SLA Battery
    - Big Gun Exhaust
    - Prevailing Torque Countershaft Nut
    - 16 Tooth Front Sprocket
    - 43 Tooth Rear Sprocket
    - Progressive Fork Springs
    - Upgraded to Stiffer Rear Shock Spring, but I can find documentation on which one.
    - Aftermarket Foam Air Filter(not sure which one)
    - Aftermarket Foot Pegs
    - Japanese Vibration Isolated Mirrors
    - Tall Wind Screen
    - Non-vacuum Petcock
    - KLX Needle
    - 22 Cent Mod
    - Newish Shinko Tires with plenty of tread
    - Happy Trails Shift Lever
    - Stainless Steel Fuel Filter

The Good
    - Everything above

The Bad:
    - Rear brake is a little squeaky at low speeds, maybe need new pads?
    - Ever since I put on the Big Gun exhaust, there has been an intermittent popping from the exhaust during heavy engine braking(think, going down a hill). Forums say this isn't abnormal and is nothing to worry about, but I though I should mention it.
    - Mad Max Looks

Attached Files:

bryce1552 likes this.
  2. rewsiffer

rewsiffer n00b

Oddometer:
    Bump for price reduction to $2400
    bryce1552 likes this.