1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

For Sale or Trade 2005 Honda ST1300 - Colorado

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by James Adams, Jul 27, 2021.

1. James Adams

James Adams Long timer

Oddometer:
    2005 Honda ST1300. Runs perfectly—smooth and fast. I've put about 7,500 miles on it since I bought it from Davis Service Center (in Montrose) in August of 2020. I don't have any information about the previous owners of this bike or service history other than what I've done myself. The trailer hitch (installed by a previous owner) in the photos has since been removed and is not available—I never tried to use it.

Reluctantly selling it because I bought a new KTM and the garage is getting crowded.
    • around 41,000 miles (and slowly climbing as I ride it occasionally).
    • electric windscreen
    • no ABS
    • matching side luggage
    • Russell Day-Long 2-piece seat (super comfortable)
    • passenger backrest
    • handlebar risers
    • Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT tires (installed in March 2021)
    • clear Colorado title in my name
    • recent maintenance
      • oil & filter change in August 2020 @ approximately 33,000 miles
      • new battery installed on 16 March 2021 @ 36,996 miles
      • oil & filter change (including final drive) on 16 March 2021 @ 36,996 miles
      • new tires mounted and balanced on 20 March 2021 @ 37,006 miles
      • rear wheel and final drive splines cleaned and re-lubed with Loctite 8012 moly paste on 20 March 2021 @ 37,006 miles
    I sold this bike to another inmate earlier this year but bought it back from him due to a medical situation which would have prevented him from being able to ride it this season. Previous ad is here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/1487725/.

Located in Grand Junction, CO. Asking $4500.

Sale pending, but if you're interested, please PM me.

st1300-4.jpg st1300-3.jpg st1300-2.jpg st1300-1.jpg

I'm sure I'll regret selling it.
    outbacktm, OU812, srelegante and 4 others like this.
  2. JDK111

JDK111 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not buying, but for $4500.00 --- that's the MOST bike anyone will ever get for that amount of money.
    OU812, EZMoney, rbsride365 and 5 others like this.
  3. GeoAggie

GeoAggie Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you know the specs (like weight) for the RDL customization? Great seat
    srelegante likes this.
  4. James Adams

James Adams Long timer

Oddometer:
    No idea. It's firm and really comfortable for me at 235 lbs.
    GeoAggie likes this.
  5. James Adams

James Adams Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump. The ST300 got some exercise this past weekend as a course marshal moto. It worked great—so easy to ride slow or fast—and the cooling system kept the engine temps at or below the 1/2 mark even during extended slow-speed riding in the hot weather (e.g. riding sweep at 10mph for an hour).

IMG_20210807_112343_894.jpg

The aux lights will be removed, but the light mounts (factory Honda police bike parts) can come with the bike.
    STBNE and OU812 like this.
  6. CCRyder

CCRyder Champ

Oddometer:
    This is such a dang good deal on a great bike- it makes me wish i was in the market. I had one previously , they are sweet rides.
    haket likes this.