Sold 2005 KLR 650 - SOLD

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by mwitt08, Oct 20, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwitt08

mwitt08 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Clean, Mostly Stock, 2015 Kawasaki KLR 650. 56k miles. Listing it cheaper here for ADV than Craigslist.

I believe I am the 3rd owner. I picked it up this spring and put 1,400 mi. on it mostly commuting and a few trails. But, I would like to get a more trail capable bike instead. Previous owner put most the miles on the bike commuting as well.

It has been off road by previous owner. It has gone down as noticed by cracks in some plastics. Nothing major wrong mechanically. I've run it every few days the whole summer and have noticed no issues outside of the things I did maintenance on. It did burn some oil when running on the highway. After an oil change and 16t drive sprocket to get the RPMs down, no more oil burning at highway speeds.

I performed the following maintenance this year:
    New brake pads
    New braided stainless brake lines
    Oil change and filter
    New chain
    New sprockets (upgraded drive to 16 tooth for better highway performance, have previous 15 tooth still)
    Upgraded drive sprocket nut (eagle mike toque nut)
    Upgraded oil plug (low profile, magnetic)

Right now I am aware that:
    1. The choke lever is broke. You can simply pull on the choke cable though and it starts great. Warms up in seconds.
    2. The turn signals just stopped working. I haven't had time to attempt a fix, but I believe it's a relay. Should be simple to fix if needed. I've been ridding without it.

Here is your chance to buy a KLR without paying for farkle you don't need or want.

Attached Files:

2. mwitt08

mwitt08 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump for price drop
  3. curtis6870

curtis6870 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ever get down to Georgia?
  4. mwitt08

mwitt08 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wish, but no. In fact, with a 3 week old, I’m not getting far past an hour radius these days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.