1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

For sale 2005 V-Strom 650 17,800 Miles Texas

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Zapp22, May 20, 2021.

1. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    SOLD

Sadly selling last bike. Won't be riding anymore. [famous last words...]

2005 DL650, my second one [first was a 2004]. This is a super smooth-riding steed for long or short trips with low miles, always garaged, well cared-for, and I have stripped off most of the options [for sale here and elsewhere]. I listed it previously fully-dressed for long haul but people apparently don't want the gear so, here 'tis lightly customized.

$2900 OBO

The paint scheme was hatched around ADV and it gets a lot of looks. I cannot take credit for it as I bought it that way but it has been a conversation-starter ["Where can I buy that model?"].
    The extras are these:
    - Madstad-engineering fully adjustable Windshield-mount [a MUST have]
    - Givi tall Windshield 22.5" High, ~20" W
    - Fender Extender
    - Protaper SE ATV-Mid 7/8 Handlebar
    - Grip Puppies
    - Carbon-fiber styled Handguards
    - Custom Mirrors [light, low-buffeting, sit inside the profile of the bars so they don't get bashed]
    - Seat Concepts Touring Seat [magnificent - Kudos to SC]
    - Centech AP-2 Power Accessories Interconnect
    - Sidestand-switch defeat
    - Michelin Anakee tires [the BEST tires I've ever run - this is my second V-strom] with very low miles - something like 2400 miles or so - Balanced perfectly
    - Sonic Spring straight rate 1.0 springs; 10wt oil

Freshly inspected and stickered here in Texas hill country

I have lots of spare parts, fasteners, etc too much to list. If you think of something, ask

It will be listed locally in all the usual placements.

Nose-on-1.png Above-Shot-strip-tailpad.jpg Centech-AP2-2.png front-tire-hair-1.jpg hanguard-2.jpg Givi-windshield-2.jpg Madstad-2.jpg Right-front-strip1.jpg Seat-Concepts-strip-1.png Tail-shot-left-1.jpg
    Wierdrider likes this.
  2. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    Some numbers
    Givi windshield is worth ~90 USD - it is unscratched, no chips
    Madstad bracket is over $200 new... mint
    Seat Concepts $214 new - no rips/tears/abrasions/
    Soniic Springs 1.0 ~$100
    Centech AP-2 $50'ish
    Hanguards ~$30'ish

My personal touch ~> 1 Bitcoin !!! $$

And given the above, if one of you who understands what this bike is and you just want to do it all yourself, buy it stripped of ALL the above - lets talk. Bring your own seat and ride it home
  3. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    SOLD! Congrats to the new owner. He got a great deal and a great riding machine