2006 Nickel Belt Ride & Canadian DRE

Discussion in 'Canada' started by fasteddy, Jun 20, 2006.

1. fasteddy

fasteddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )
    It was a great event last year, see the ride report here. The ride is August 19, 20 with the Scot Harden class on the 18th.. :D:D
  2. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    This years ride will be as good :thumb, if not better than last years :D

The DRE with Scot Harden is now a limited number affair, so there will be more personal attention given. If you had the opportunity of attending last year, there was a great amount of information passed on even with the 40-50 riders that were there. And even with those great numbers everyone still had some attention - I can only imagine with a lower number the greater attention.

The Adventure Routes will also be pretty spectacular, there are some slight changes planned for both routes to keep you guys on your toes (depending on the route you choose!) and all for the better so it will be good.

Here are a couple teasers from last year - some are from the above mentioned ride report, some aren't!

A nice view of everyone's ass!!!, but stretching is important! That is Scot with the Kini Pants towards the left
    [​IMG]

Tha man rides the 950 like it is a 450! just awesome :thumb
    [​IMG]

Pretty much everyone got this sort of attention at some point
    [​IMG]

The following ride has places like this...
    [​IMG]

and this...
    [​IMG]

and scary as this was... this...
    [​IMG]

I think it was about 100m up, and about 400m across...
    [​IMG]

oh.. and we can't forget Bob Bergman
    [​IMG]

I don't know how to upload a short video... but I have one of crossing that train trestle... if anyone is interested let me know... it is something to see!

And that my friends, is the Nickel Belt in a nutshell... :thumb :thumb

The food was great, the people are friendly, the trails are awesome, the instruction and staff are helpful and knowledgeable - we met lots of friends that we look forward to seeing this year!

D