2006 U.S. Grand Prix Date Set

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by akjohn, Jul 25, 2005.

1. akjohn

akjohn AKjohn

Oddometer:
    Greetings...dates for the 2006 U.S. grand Prix have been set for 21-23 July. I know that a few Anchorage folks are thinking about heading down next year . I'm going next year, if I don't go to the Mayasia Grand Prix instead. Although next year I would like to ride down.
    I can tell you that Salinas and Monterrey rooms will be at a premium. I paid $61 a night this year. Other guests in the same motel were paying up tp $180.
    I made next year's hotel reservations yesterday for only $44-$60 per night for race weekend. If you are thinking about attending next year, you may want to reserve early.
    jb
  2. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... I have an ex down in Monterey.

I bet this might be a doable thing for me.
  3. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    I found a few places (cottages) where 6 can sleep for $299/night while looking for housing for this last race. Good location and a nice place at the entrance to Carmel Valley. I'm thinking of booking at least one cottage as a back up to the brother-in-laws place just in case ... 2 night minmum.
  4. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    is that the same one that got you in that technical problem last time.:eek1

5. akjohn

akjohn AKjohn

Oddometer:
    I remember talking with Ace about a trip through the northwest with Moto GP as the destination. Although it is always difficult to leave Alaska in the summer, I am definitely up for such a trip. Ship to Seattle...ride the Lost Coast, maybe hit the Shakespeare festival in Oregon etc. etc. (is that to artsy for Alaska men?:_) There are a couple of lighthouses in CA and OR that have been converted to beautiful and isolated B&Bs. Lots of possibilities.
    This trip would make a great winter planning project.
    As a side note...Check out pashnit.com. It is a great motorbike web site that has entertaining descriptions of California motorcycle roads.http://www.pashnit.com
    jb
  6. northrider

northrider Traveler

Oddometer:
    It's a long ways away, but I was looking for a good excuse to make a trip down to the states and back next Summer and Laguna sounds like a start. Keep me in mind.