1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 2006 Yamaha WR450F tagged in Va

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by aaronric, Oct 4, 2021.

1. aaronric

aaronric I came to get down

Oddometer:
    Looking to sell my plated 2006 Yamaha WR450F. Great bike, but not ideal for what I need these days. Find myself doing longer "ADV-type" rides, and planning a TAT trip. Time for something a little more comfortable for that use. I completed the Shenandoah 500 dual sport course this weekend without issue. It pulls hard and will loft the front at will.

Bike is located in Staunton, Va. I'm asking $3,000 or trade. Negotiable. Gory details below.

I just installed Kibblewhite stainless steel valves, Kibblewhite valve springs and Kibblewhite valve seals. Had the valve seats cleaned up and re-cut as part of the install. Valves are in spec as of this writing.

At the same time, I put in a new Wiseco piston, wrist pin and rings. Cylinder looked OK, so it just got a quick hone.

All of the above work has about 300 miles on it. So far, it's flawless. I'll change the oil before it gets sold, but as you would expect, it's tight and not burning any oil.

It has a new Dunlop D606 front tire with about 300 miles on it. The rear tire is a MotOz, and it's safe to ride on, but not its old self.

I also installed a new handlebar switch, taillight/brake light and rear brake switch before the Shenandoah 500.

It starts easily on kick or the button, and the carburetor is dialed. I don't notice any surges or bogs anywhere in the range, and it is happy from just off idle all the way up the rev range. It could use a battery and maybe a stator in the near future, but it always runs fine. Just sometimes the speedo tells you wildly optimistic things. Headlight, taillight, brake light, hi beam, lo beam, horn all work. I have a set of turn signals that I will include but have never installed.

Past that, it has the grey wire mod done and an FMF pipe with spark arrestor. It's rowdy. Probably too rowdy, honestly, but since it likes the jetting so much I haven't messed with it. The bike comes with the stock pipe, which has been "uncorked." The stock restrictor is included separately, if you want that for whatever reason.

I have a full set of spare plastics in black, a spare clutch cable, and a stock gas tank that will also come with it. It currently wears a Clark 3-point-something gallon tank.

Suspension is stock, fork seals, bushings, oil were new less than 1,000 miles ago.

Chain and sprockets were new last year and have maybe 500 miles on them. Plenty left. Can't remember what size the front and rear sprockets are, but I toned it down to make street riding a little more sane. I installed some kind of aftermarket chain guide. I forget which brand.

The bike has been used over its life, and never babied. Cosmetically, it shows. Mechanically, the bike is good to go. It's a rad little trail connector, and it's good at running gravel roads between technical sections. It's just a bit aggro for me, so I'm looking to get out of it for something a touch friendlier and more TAT-worthy.

WR450 10.jpg WR450 1.jpg WR450 3.jpg WR450 5.jpg WR450 6.jpg WR450 7.jpg WR450 8.jpg WR450 9.jpg
    WR450 4.jpg
  2. CoatsEast

CoatsEast 1999 R1100GS, 2007 G650X

Oddometer:
    Beast of a bike. GLWS. I like your new Nissan Frontier rig!
    aaronric likes this.
  3. aaronric

aaronric I came to get down

Oddometer:
    Thanks! The truck is a 2021 Titan ... Not mine, it's a long-term tester I'm reviewing for work. Pretty stout thing.