1. eNewsletter Sign Up

2006 - Year of the 'Mostro

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by ilmostro, May 1, 2006.

1. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Interested in a life less interrupted by Overactive Bladder?

When you experience the sudden urge to urinate, find yourself making 8 or more trips to the bathroom in a 24-hour period (frequent urination), or have leaks or wetting accidents, you may suffer from a bladder control problem called Overactive Bladder (OAB).
    Overactive Bladder may not stop you from doing the things you want to do, but it can be a pain to deal with the interruptions. It doesn't have to be that way. ENABLEX can help reduce leaks and accidents for a full 24 hours. ENABLEX is also used to treat the other symptoms of Overactive Bladder, such as strong, sudden urges and frequent bathroom trips.
    That means you can go from day to day with less interruptions.
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I think it's on there already. :scratch
  3. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    :photog

:lurk
  4. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great memories. Great pics. Thanks. -P
  5. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:

Nope :2cry
  6. RICHXHELL

RICHXHELL Scooterist

Oddometer:
  7. Bill the Duck

Bill the Duck Unwitting Accomplice Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well if should be. It's like meaningful and stuff.
  8. Sevoman

Sevoman Ever Vigilant

Oddometer:
    :poser Knybanjo....that was a good one.

A texas catheter would work, too.:lol3 ....and for those of you not "in the know"
    linky:
    http://www.exmed.net/dept.asp?dept_id=154&gclid=CIW03sub14sCFQk_gQodhhfCVw
    Just sayin'.
    +1 on the front page nomination. Nice pic' Dave!!
    Sevoman.
  9. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Day 15 Aug 18th Canol Road to Dawson YK

[​IMG]

Everyone was up at the butt crack of dawn, eager to ride the North Canol again. It was cool, foggy morning with plenty of moisture to keep the dust down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The facilities were luxurious and spacious. :ostrich

[​IMG]

Off we go! :ricky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back at the graveyard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pee break

[​IMG]

For all the people that tell me my bike is too clean...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was a long straight stretch of road before arriving at the ferry. Smooth and clean with great lines of sight. It was great to finally get to really open the bike up here. I remember seeing 90 mph at one point, a few bikes ahead and a few behind, we were all hauling the mail. It was a sight to behold!

Back on the ferry to cross the Ross River once more. Notice the clean license plates. The ferry pilot cursed us something fierce for not having them legible when we got on. I'm still not sure if it was for an in/out log or to record how many vehicles he handles. :dunno

[​IMG]

I gassed up in Ross River and headed out to try and make some time to Dawson. My revenge for being outclassed by the singles for the last day and a half :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pee break.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eeeewwww...

[​IMG]

The road is good and I'm hitting my groove and suddenly I see a silver GS on the side of the road. :huh It's ROG!!! I jump on the binders and swing the beast around to day hi. He got his bike all fixed up in Whitehorse and was on his way to Dawson. What a coincidence. :lol3

We hooked up and took off. (A few pics from Rog)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were probably running 85-90 and this cute chick in a little shit box just motored on by.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roger and I had a great ride into Dawson and quickly found our digs for the next two nights. Land Rover Loaded was there...

[​IMG]

As was this crazy rig with Russian plates :thumb

[​IMG]

After a quick bite to eat, Rog and I went for a little walk and found ourselves stopping for a beer in a "local" establishment with a live band. :super

[​IMG]

The place was filling up quickly so we offered the extra chairs at our table to a trio that were in town from Fort McPherson for the Dawson Days parade the next day.

This young lady was very friendly :wink: Rog was certain I coulda got lucky but I decided to pass... :nah

[​IMG]

That's Tommy at the end. He must have had a tough life up there as he was... Uhh... Very... Flamboyant. :ymca I thought Rog was going to die when he offered him a piece of juicy fruit. :lol3

[​IMG]

I took this picture to capture a moment for posterity. Rog had just said that when he got home he was going to quit Wal Mart and damned if he didn't :thumb :bow

[​IMG]
  10. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    Living the Alcan vicariously through your thread.

:thumb

We all missed you at Warped, Dave. I met with Jimmy650 for the first time, he kindly offerred his jump leads to start my dead pig. :D

MB

PS My early morning conference calls have became far more productive with Advrider!

:lurk
  11. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:

Jimmy is damn good people. I'm sorry his friend Ned won't get a chance to read this. :(:

I missed the Warp event and all you SFOTLC too...
  12. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    OMG Dave! That slow pan over after he offered up the chew was so funny. :lol3 What an interesting bunch they were!
  13. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Day 16 August 20th - Dawson YK

Today was an optional day for all the participants to make a run up to Eagle Creek and the Arctic Circle. The plan was to head to Dead Horse at the conclusion of the Rally before heading home and that would allow me to do the Arctic Circle then, so I took a pass. :nah

Rog had decided to stay back as well so we formulated a plan... :evil

First order of business was to do the TSD for the day. It was a quick run up an overlook that provided a spectacular view of Dawson and the river.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm guessing a child or two have been conceived on this bench. :getiton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Running the TSD had worked up quite an appetite so the next order of business was to crash the pancake breakfast at the local curling club :dg

[​IMG]

They must have known the Drug Capitan of Fishworld was coming because they broke out the good stuff...

[​IMG]

"Oh man, that's good!"

[​IMG]

We ended up sharing a table with an older couple that had been touring for the last few years in their RV. Retired teachers and once they got over the fact that they were sharing the table with some unwashed biker dudes they fell victim to Rogers charm and were soon regaling us with their tales from th road. Really nice folks. Moments like that never happen at Denny's.

The bar from the previous night

[​IMG]

We were lucky enough to arrive in town to witness "Dawson Days" the town's annual celebration :freaky We wandered around the town for a little while, waiting for the parade to start.

The "original" KTM :lol3

[​IMG]

Dirt streets and board sidewalks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Parade Time!!! The Mountie leads the procession

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this picture Rog took :bow

[​IMG]
  15. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    The exploration of Dawson continues when the parade ends

This is a current driven fishing doo-hickey. It didn't catch a damn thing while we were watching it :dunno

[​IMG]

Canoeists using the current to their advantage. They were hauling ass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

[​IMG]

Prize winning veggies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flowers

[​IMG]

Don't forget to stop and smell the occasionally

[​IMG]

Garden oddities :scratch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gold dude.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cool Unimog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was looking for companionship! Ladies? :ear

[​IMG]

Stopped for lunch and as it was a nice day we sat on the patio. We tried to order a beer and were told that she couldn't serve us because the liquor inspector was in town and their license didn't allow them to serve outside. If we wanted to come back tomorrow he would probably be gone and she could give us beer then :lol3

We had cokes.

[​IMG]

Fish 'n' Chips (The official food of Team Mutiny)

[​IMG]

We headed back to the room to take a quick nap before heading to the bar to surf the net and enjoy a beverage or two :freaky

Guido (Gpothoven) stopped by

[​IMG]

It had been at least 15 minutes since we last ate, so food was acquired.

[​IMG]

The crew came back from Eagle Plains late and regaled us with tales of the trip before finally hitting the sack.

Tomorrow... ALASKA! :wings
  16. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
  17. NoMystery

NoMystery Jesse's Girl

Oddometer:
    Location Location: between Atlanta & the mountains
    BUMP!!! :lol3
  18. MooseKiller

MooseKiller Tripod

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

OK, now that's funny right there... I don't care who you are... :lol3
  19. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Day 17 Aug. 21st Dawson YK - Fairbanks AK

[​IMG]

It was a chilly 40 degrees as we all saddled up to head off to Fairbanks. There was a TSD first thing in the morning on the other side of the Yukon River. Time for another ferry ride.

The river moves very quickly and it was amazing to watch the captain pilot the ferry as I waited my turn to cross. (far side of the river)

[​IMG]

All Aboard!

[​IMG]

Crankshaft

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

U-boat GS :evil

[​IMG]

Everyone gathered shivering on the other side of the river to finish their time sheets and review the route.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well... Loaded wasn't shivering :bluduh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just before we departed I got out my Gerbings jacket to try and keep warm. It wasn't until I headed off that I found out the Canbus on the GS didn't like the draw of the jacket and kept shutting down the accessory outlet. :baldy

The TSD went well as did the border crossing. The poor guard was brought in from somewhere further south and didn't come properly prepared as his wardrobe consisted of shorts and short sleeved shirts. :razor

Alaska!!! :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heading to Chicken on the Top of the Word highway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We rolled into Chicken and after fueling the bikes we cleaned the place out of coffee and hot chocolate. I took a moment to McGuyver my Gerbings by cutting off the connector and wiring it directly to the fuse panel. Sweet, sweet warmth was mine again!!!

[​IMG]

Shortly after this it began to rain and I didn't take any more pictures. We stopped in Tok for some lunch and more coffee before hitting our second TSD for the day.

Cold, wet and miserable, I twisted the throttle to get to Fairbanks as quickly as possible. I finally managed to see my first moose too! :D I was coasting to the side of the road to take a picture of it when one of the Subarus went by at 8K rpm beeping the horn and scaring him off. :bluduh :flip

I got checked into the hotel and took a long hot shower before Rog, Jay and I headed off for pizza and a local ADV celeb. :freaky
  20. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Faking it/Making it

Oddometer:
    Nice pics. Makes me homesick for the North Country, the one area that ever really resonated with my soul. :thumb