1. eNewsletter Sign Up

2006 - Year of the 'Mostro

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by ilmostro, May 1, 2006.

1. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    We made it to the butterfly garden shortly before it closed. Pretty cool actually, I may have to install one in the castle in my spare time. Some random photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    KW is a very scooter freindly town. If you move enough of them, you can squeeze your bike into some good parking spaces. :evil Try to spot the Boss Hoss hidden in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sun was starting to se so we headed towards the boardwalk to watch the sunset. There were some buskers doing a brisk trade as well. We stopped to watch a few of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was Francois and his Flying House Cats. Until Flug and Snoid start a show of their own this was easily the most messed up performance I have ever seen. :huh The cats were cool, I can't get Desmo the Wonder Cat do do anything but sleep. The true highlight of the show was the Francois the loon. Check out his eyes in the last shot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some randomness...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These doods were trying to un-flood a PWC by cranking the engine with the plugs out and using a shop vac on the cylinders. I was hoping some of the gas vapours would get ig nited by a spark from the electrical motor and blow them into the water but it was not to be. :waysad

[​IMG]\

Sunset time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. RedneckGirl

RedneckGirl Cradle Robber

Oddometer:
    :clap great so far, Dave! :D
  4. Red J

Red J Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya ground da leads ta da engine, dood.
  5. GaelicDog

GaelicDog Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer:
    So this is where it ends?

Get to it slacker!
  6. DataDaddy

DataDaddy @ the new dad thing

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, I'm getting a lot of play in this thread...

Can I get residuals? oh, wait I take that back :eek1 DO NOT WANT RESIDUALS FROM DAVE :nono

:lol3

BeastFeast HO! :freaky
  7. Gypsy

Gypsy YamaHo

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

tag line: Cat Butts! For when the magnets and the air freshener just aren't enough.
  8. Gypsy

Gypsy YamaHo

Oddometer:
    You f'tards! We were camped 20 miles north of Key West at that time.
  9. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:

You shoulda camped with the kewl kids further south. Ol' whassisface coulda entertained everyone with his farts while you and I :feelgood

:evil
  10. DataDaddy

DataDaddy @ the new dad thing

Oddometer:
  11. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Tuesday morning and time to check out of the campground and head off to St. Pete. It was spring break while we were in KW and there were many rabble rousers sharing the campground with us. I had my ear plugs in and didn't notice. :snore It seems one of the neighbours must have had a good night as he never quite made it all the way to bed. :razor

[​IMG]

I was getting more than a little miffed as the GPS kept acting up and couldn't find a satellite If it were duct taped to the screen :bluduh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I while I gave up and we proceeded northward at the typical leasurely Keys pace.

[​IMG]

Which soon came to a grinding halt. WTF mate?

[​IMG]

This sucks, time to split lanes?

[​IMG]

So we ride 5 or so miles along the shoulder to pass all the stopped traffic to discover the problem. Seems out boy here had a difficult time navigating this treacherous stretch of road :rolleyes

[​IMG]

It also seems FHP has a problem with people on motorcycles circumventing stopped traffic. After Deputy Donut and I shared a few heated words we were told to wait until he said it was ok to continue. :flip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Road cleared and we were off! :ricky

We took took 41 across to avoid the interstate. I discovered the visor on an XD is only good for 130 MPH before the bill folds over and you can no longer see where you're going :augie

[​IMG]
  12. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    No pictures of the next few days. :dunno

Kinda uneventful anyhow. Wed I rode to ATL to stay with ilmostrodad and Thursday took me home to Memphis. When I arrived home I had a message on the cell from a friend asking me if I could help out at the Ducati booth at the ATL motorcycle show. :baldy

What was I to do? I saddled back up Friday moring and went back to Atlanta. Not too many pictures as I was too busy looking busy and occasionally giving people erronious information to actually get any pictures.

I do have a strange knack of getting women to flip me off though :D

[​IMG]

And some random uh... pictures :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:tb :getiton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to the Bettys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. DoctorIt

DoctorIt vrooom!

Oddometer:
    That there's pretty close to a toss up :scratch
  14. MGB

MGB ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer:
    Yep, hard to find the way back to south florida from Key West without a GPS.....:rofl
  15. Bill the Duck

Bill the Duck Unwitting Accomplice Supporter

Oddometer:
    :photog
  16. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    I guess I need to give Baldy more money :bluduh
  17. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
  18. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    I think that will buff out with a little elbow grease.

[​IMG]
  19. Reg01

Reg01 Got Adventure?

Oddometer:
    I will take the "leggy" one myself. :evil
  20. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Sadly the next portion of the ride report is very weak on riding but does feature some great people and a kick-ass party. ADV's happy couple Slider and Ex#2 had invited everyone to the 3rd/Last Chance Ranch to celebrate their upcoming nuptials. Preliminary reports said there would be beer, BBQ and a band, with a possibility of cowgirls. I was there :evil

Sadly I don't have any pictures of the ride up or back as I didn't have my camera to document the event so the pictures I have I had to steal. Big thanks to Trip, Mr.Kawasaki, Pilot, Curvrider and the Happy Couple for letting me steal pics.

The first part of the ride was pretty boring. Memfiss to Conway on I-40 then I headed north picking up 9 to 5, through Mountain Home and into MO where I jumped on 160. Veeery nice little road. Curvy with elevation changes and not much traffic. It was a little bumpy and made me wish the Wilbers I had ordered for the RT had come in. (or for a GS)

I arrived at the Ranch just as the wedding party was arriving. Mariah looked spectacular :tb and ol' wasshisface cleaned up pretty good too. MotoMike (ex#2) handed me a beer and gave me a tour of the ranch.

If the branch davidians ever wanted a new clubhouse with a petting zoo this would be the place to do it. I got lost 3 times and this was only after one beer. I started to worry about what would happen to me after a few more. :uhoh

Soon other ADVers started to trickle in. Mr.K, Pilot and Pilot family, Curvrider... Lies were told and the newlyweds were toasted. Curvy and I staked out a claim on the balcony overlooking the pool and set up camp for the night.

Saturday was a time for some riding :ricky I helped Pilot warm up his sons bike, brokeshock mountain style.

[​IMG]

While the goof-offs headed south to play in the gravel, I had a more serious mission to tend to. Bender was unable to attend so that meant Charlies cherries had no way to get to the Ranch. I saddled up and pointed the bike north. Ya just can't have a ADV party without Benderbrand™ Cherries. 250 mile round trip was well worth it :evil

Clever plannin on my part meant that by the time I go back to the Ranch preparations for the party were pretty much complete. This meant I could get my swerve on :freaky

It seemed like a zillion people showed up to celebrate the marriage. Friends, family and some wayward moto bums. The guest of honour was a whole pig :dg who made a hasty departure onto every ones plates.

During dinner Trip finally showed up. Some folks were so embarrassed by him they refused to have their picture taken with him. (I personally think it's because of the Rob Halford belt)

[​IMG]

This is what I think of your lamp shade MotoMike

[​IMG]

Mr.K

[​IMG]

Curvy :rabia

[​IMG]

Aren't they cute?

[​IMG]

With the pig gone and the cocktails flowing the band took the stage. The ADV contingent took over the balcony and had the best view for the show. Sometimes being loud and obnoxious has it's perks.

[​IMG]

5 high school kids playing tunes that were older than I am and doing a hell of a job at it. I was thoroughly impressed. They even took requests. Like flipping us off :lol3

[​IMG]

The band broke for intermission and the Happy Couple took the stage. Slidette read the speech she and MotoKid wrote for their parents... :cry

[​IMG]

And the bride flung the bouquet.

[​IMG]

Girls :rolleyes

Then it was the guys turn to catch the garter thingy.

[​IMG]

:crickets

Poor MotoMike. :uhoh I rushed downstairs to grab Trippy and join the fray so it would be a little less pathetic. Mariah flung the garter, we dove for the bushes, and plop, there it was.

[​IMG]

Looks like none of us will be getting married any time soon :lol3

Trip tried it on for size

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As did Pilot

[​IMG]

I wish I knew how to quit him :2cry

[​IMG]

Mr. K just blew some smoke rings

[​IMG]

The band cranked back up, and it was on! :super

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cherries made an appearance :uhoh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MORE COWBELL!!!

[​IMG]

I didn't know it was possible to dent a triangle :uhoh

[​IMG]

Eventually, the family, friends and neighbours went home and all that was left were ADVers, and this hearty soul.

[​IMG]

Ain't they cute?

[​IMG]

Hands above the equator kids...

[​IMG]

Sobriety tests were given. (she failed)

[​IMG]

And I reflected on what had been a most excellent party.

[​IMG]

Slidette gave an editorial on the evenings festivities.

[​IMG]

And Mike did one of himself.

[​IMG]

And the munchies set in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It isn't a party until someone pukes...

[​IMG]

Too bad it was one of the dogs.

Curvy learned that it was a bad idea to be the first to fall asleep :razor

[​IMG]

But eventually everyone must hit the hay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were clouds in the sky and fog in everyone's head the next morning as we packed up our effects and said our good byes. I had a killer 500+ mile route planned for the trip home but when I got on the bike I told the GPS to get me home ASAP :sick

I did manage to take a detour and hit 123 on the way home. One of my favourite roads. Too bad I wasn't on my game when I was riding it.

Big, big thanks to Jeff and Mariah for inviting us to share their day with them. It was an amazing time and party and I wish you both nothing but happiness, love and success in your lives together. You know how to throw one hell of a party and I thank you. :thumb

One final, parting thought...

[​IMG]